Thread: Mini flare-ups

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Mini flare-ups

I've been experiencing what I call "mini flare-ups", meaning I may feel bad and have joint pain for a day, but the next day I'm okay.
    I've been taking medication and I'm supposedly in remission, but I've noticed that especially if I don't get enough rest, I have joint pain the next day. I really have no other symptoms but this. Does anyone else experience this? I realize that everyone has different symptoms, but how are you affected if you don't get enough sleep?
    A few days ago, I had pain in my feet and by the end of the day, I was limping. I was trying to walk normally, but it was too painful. It was embarassing because I'm a flight attendant and I don't tell many people about my lupus. So here I was, limping down the concourse pulling my luggage. People were giving me strange looks.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi LBeardsly; :lol:
    Welcome to our Forum. I, myself, have been in remission for approximately 10 yrs now and here are my "remission symptoms". Occassional joint pains, especially in my feet, hips, wrists. I exercise daily (walking and/or jogging) and always end up with pain in my hip and ankles and I end up limping. I do light yoga for the stretching because it does help with the pain. I still experience fatigue, Lupus migraines and sleep disturbance. My remission only means that I have some control over my symptoms without having to take medications specific to LUPUS.
    Even in remission, I have Fibromyalgia and experience joint pain, muscle pain and fatigue. I still suffer "mini-flares" if I get too much sun!! I also have a mild case of Raynaud's which causes pain. So, as you can see, even in remission...I deal with pain on a daily basis.
    I wouldn't worry about strange looks from people. I have learned that everyone has some cross to bear. If you talk to those people, you will probably find that they have aches, pains and heartaches of their own. Perhaps their looks were sympathetic and not judgemental. Most people know how hard your job is!!
    I wish you the best. Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

hia yep i have the exact same thing happen to me, the docs say im in 'remission' and then the next day i feel like im not just not as extreme. i understand about your job thing, cos well i find many people think i make it up -even my family members have said that to me and also i have lost a lot of friends cos they think i was 'putting it off' or 'making excuses' cos i was 'fine yesterday' its so annoying BUT TRUE
    *๑۩۞۩๑*(`)Eat half the cake=half the calories=eat twice as much!(`)*๑۩۞۩๑*