Thread: my name is becky my first 3 months with lupus

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default my name is becky my first 3 months with lupus

hi
    iam new to this chat. i find it very informative and i dont feel alone anymore. today i feel terrible. i try to think positive and stay as busy as i can to take my mind off the pain. the severe fatigue seems to wear me down by the end of the day.

i have had to come to terms that my dreams of becoming a nurse is over. i was in my 2nd semester of nursing clinicals when i started having severe joint pain and fatigue. i went to a rhuemi doc who treated me for rhuemetiod arthritis. 4 weeks later my liver enzymes that should of been around 65 were 1248. i had jaudice when i went to the emergecy room my urine was brown my liver was failing. i was put on 125 mg of predisone for 4 days. it helped for 6 days. i then woke in the middle of the night in so much pain in my ribs i couldnt breath. i stood up and almost passed out i was so dizzy and weak. my boyfriend took me back to the emergency room. my blood pressure was bottoming out and my liver enzymes were agian sky high. i was ambulanced to a bigger hospital that had specailists that could deal with my condition. they saved my life

iam still very sick but iam also glad to be alive. i was going to be put on a transplant list in madison wisc. they watched my liver enzymes and they started to stablize. there still up about 15 points after three months but its better than it was. i dont have insurance so the doc bills are very stressfull but being alive is is the best.

Thanks

Default Hi Becky

Do you have Lupus? A couple of years back I started having liver problems too with elevated liver enzymes and my liver was enlarged. I went through every test imaginable and no one could figure out what was causing it. I even had a liver biopsy and it came back inflammation. My Dr. tested me for Lupus but it was only this summer that I tested positive for it and now it has affected my kidneys and put me in the hospital for a week. I really wish you well. It sounds like you are having a really tough time. If you don't mind please keep me posted on your progress. God bless you and you are in my prayers.

Thanks

unfortunatley i do have lupus. my labs came back possitve for months they just wanted to be sure that i had lupus because the liver can throw out symptoms of lupus to. when my liver enzymes were almost normal my symptoms were the same. labs to
    yesterday i felt pretty bad, fatigue, pain in my feet, my teeth hurt. oh well i better get used to it.
    thank you for your input. i hope to hear from you agian. good luck to you to.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Ethanandrew;
    Welcome to our family. I am sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with your Lupus. We are all happy that you are alive.
    There are some here who have successfully applied for and receive disability. I would think that, given the fact that you are on a wait list for a transplant, that you might be able to qualify for disability. Have you given this any thought?
    You are not alone. There will always be someone here to help you, to answer your questions and to provide information. Also, we are here to just listen when you need to talk.
    I wish you the very best!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Becky! Sorry it has taken me so long to answer back but I have been so busy between work and school. How have you been feeling? I hope the medicine is helping you. My liver enzymes got up to 720 something but the Lupus is mainly affecting my kidneys now. I have really had some good days since my Dr. has me on medicine and I am grateful. I really really hope you get to feeling better too. When is your next Dr. appt? Let me know what they tell you, ok?