Thread: Hi, my name is Alison

Thanks

Default Hi, my name is Alison

Hi everyone, my name is Alison. This seems a little weird, like AA or something "Hi, my name is Alison and I have Lupus". I was officially diagnosed a few months ago, but I've known I have Lupus for the past couple of years. What I didn't know is that I've probably had it since I was about 12 or 13. It's hard to say, because I also just found out I was born with an autoimmune disorder called Selective IGA Deficiency, which is why I was sick a lot growing up, and probably caused my Lupus. If there is anyone else out there with IGA Deficiency, let me know!

That's all I have to say for now. You probably all know how I feel, great when my symptoms go into hiding and like jumping off a building from time to time. I'm on Plaquenel, which is really rough on me because I can't tolerate medicine of any kind, but I'm not really sick, like a lot of people are, so I'm thankful for that. If anyone wants to chat about anything, let me know!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Alison :lol:
    Welcome to our family. Like you, most of us realized that we suffered with symptoms of Lupus for years before we were diagnosed. We look back on those aches and pains and illnesses we suffered with in Jr. High and High School and say, "oh yea, I bet that was lupus back then!"
    I am glad that you joined us. You will find that everyone here is very informative, understanding, supportive and comforting. We want you to know that you are not alone!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!