Thread: Gall Bladder

Thanks

Default Gall Bladder

Hi all,
    I recently had my Gall Bladder removed, they were extremely worried that it was cancerous as it was so large they could not take it out of the key hole that it was supposed to, but had to make a larger incision below the belly button, as I said they were so concerned it was cancer that it was all they tested it for, which came back negative, and was described as grossly enlarged the wall of which was more than 3mm thick.
    My question is, was this another area that Lupus attacks, has any one had this symptom, I ask this as I have had all these tests and they keep finding these unusual thickenings but even though I tell them about Lupus, because I am a male they do not ask for these to be tested, when I go back I remind them, make them ring the testing lab, who say it is probably Lupus but to late to retest I have had this three times in totally different parts of my body, when I tell my GP he just says sorry forgot to put that down.
    Phil

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Logically, since Lupus is a disease that causes inflammation in the body's tissues and organs...and an enlarged gall bladder can be caused by inflammation ((cholecystitis - an acute or chronic inflammation of the gallbladder ) it would stand to reason that Lupus can have something to do with your enlarged gall bladder. There have been cases of acute cholecystitis due to vasculitis of the gall bladder in people with systemic lupus erythematosus.
    Also, Lupus is a "connective tissue" disease and one of the important parts of the gall bladder is the function of its connective tissue (The gallbladder has a simple columnar epithelial lining characterized by recesses called Aschoff's recesses, which are pouches inside the lining. Under the epithelium there is a layer of connective tissue (lamina propria). Beneath the connective tissue is a wall of smooth muscle (muscularis muscosa) that contracts in response to cholecystokinin, a peptide hormone secreted by the duodenum. There is essentially no submucosa separating the connective tissue from serosa and adventitia.). So, there apparently is an association between Lupus and enlarged gall bladder!

I hope this helped
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!