Thread: Sharp Chest Pains

Thanks

Default Sharp Chest Pains

Does anyone know what this is? Sometimes I get sharp shooting stabbing pain in my left side of chest. If I went directly thru my nipple into my chest cavity, that is where it is. I'm a 47 year old women, struggling with Lupus. Was just wondering if it could be nothing or something.
    Thanks.

Thanks

Hi,

I would recommend that you call your doctor. It could be pericarditis, pleurisy, heart problems, etc. It's not something to "wait out"....it could also be a blood clot in your lung (as was my case).

I lost a good friend just recently who thought she would "wait it out"....well, she waited too long. I don't want to scare you - however, blood clots, chest pains, heart attack, etc. are not symptoms to wait through.

My suggestion would be for you to call your doctor. Please keep us posted and let us know how you're doing.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

Thanks, I do have an appt. today with Rheumy but didn't know if it was something to bring up or not. I will ask what he thinks.
    I will keep you posted. Thanks again for caring.

Thanks

Rheumy is sending me to a Cardiologist November 6th. Said if it gets worse to go to ER.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have been having those since I was diagnosed. had all the work ups from the drs, but they never found anything. if you are luckier than I am, please let us know.