Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone on Disability?

Thanks

hi. i hope things will improve for you. i did try working from home myself and it was 'ok'. in the end i went on full disability, no lawyer and everything went really smooth - perhaps i am lucky that way or its just that i am so sick. my job did give me a hard time in beginning, well i should say the disability company UNUM - they are horrible. anyway hopefully you won't have to deal with them!

i know alot about HR if you have questions, i still consultant a few companies when they need me - just fired a President of a company and had to help them cover the things the need to cover to make it happen without a lawsuit. anyway, as long as you have a physician supporting you it shouldn't be that difficult with your job. social security is a different story, but again really sick for me is terminally ill so mine was probably a no brainer for them.

i can say that in reflecting on my diseases and 'work' - uh, i don't miss that at all. i wish i had more time with my family and defininately do not miss working - this doesn't extend my life - nor actually do i want it too, but it has been worth it to be with my family. in another post i will describe my situation more, but to keep this shorter my opinion is to have the best life you can - for some that means working, for others it does not. neither is wrong, its what works best for you. i 'try' to look at each day as if its my last and stay good with my family - which can be hard, but my point is when you look at things this way it changes the way a person thinks about 'life' - at least it has for me.

anyway, i wish you all the best...feel free to send me a note if you like..i don't always get on here...my fingers hurt alot..i don't take pain medication so i suffer a bit, but prefer it that way for now...

all my best...todd.

Thanks

Todd,

Thanks so much for your response. I am feeling the 'better life' too. I have now been out of work for almost two months and last week my husband commented on how much better I seem mentally. I'm not down or depressed or dragging myself through everyday. I enjoy the little things again. My sunbathing cat, my family, being close to my husband. Life is more simple in so many ways. I miss working in that it kept me sharp, but the truth is it was making me so tired I didn't feel very sharp. I felt too exhausted to participate in conversation, much less life.

I'm doing really well and I've begun to write again. I've always thought this was my true calling so I'm trying to devote a certain number of hours a day. We'll see. At the very least I'm finding it very cathartic.

Hope you are well...

AB
    AB

Thanks

A toast to the good life! :lol: :!: :!:

2008 resolution to be the BEST woman I can be! one day at a time!

Thanks

AB:

Glad to hear you are doing better in some ways. I understand there are many challenges along the way and hope things improve in your quality of life. I completely understand being too tired to talk sometimes - it really does take alot of energy to speak and that started for me along time ago - some days better than others....I agree, one day at a time...best of luck and if you need anything just holler! Todd.