Hi Everybody
I was diagnosed a year ago but am only just starting to reach out for support. I don't recommend that route. After I was diagnosed I think I tried the "if you ignore it, it will go away" approach. It didn't work. I was lucky however! Shortly after being diagnosed I got pregnant and managed to keep it (with a little help from heparin shots). My lupus went into remission for 9 months and I was blessed with my second little boy in July. I am realizing as I read thru other post how very lucky I am to have my children. I have a 2 yr old, and and almost 4 mo old. Both boys and very loveable monsters!!
After my 2nd was born Lupus came back with a vengeance! Worse than I had ever had it. Again, I am lucky. My worst symptoms have been NO energy, and pain and stiffness in my hands and wrists, ankles and feet. While those are bad (sometimes so bad I can't even lift the weight of my hand!! Let alone my little ones.), they are nothing in comparison to what others deal with.
I have not found a rheumatologist that I click with yet. I am hoping to find someone who will accept that I want to try lifestyle remedies before meds. I am extremely sensitive to medications (even Tylenol can knock me out), and I am nursing to boot. Does anyone happen to know where I can find alternative methods that aren't scary, dangerous, or just plain weird? I have been in a flare for almost 3 months now but have only been desperate enough to take prednisone one cycle.
It is comforting to know that there are others who know how I feel. Thank you! I have been called a hypochondriac my whole life (except by my mom!). That gets to you emotionally and even when there is an obvious problem I am very slow to go to a doctor because I'm so scared they will tell me it's all in my head. (Yes, I've been told that before.) I'll stop rambling. I hope to find friends here and I thank the people who put this together.
Lars