Thread: new member

Thanks

Default new member

Hello, While I am new to this site, I am not new to SLE. (3 yrs)

I live in Las Vegas, am married and have 1 son (17) at home and 3 older daughters. We have 7 grandchildren whom live out of state. I play racquetball and volleyball and sing in a traveling gospel choir. I try my hand at painting and am actively involved in my religion.

When my joints started aching, everyone kept telling me it was all the sports and just getting older. Even when I went to multiple docs and showed them all the bruising and lumps on my legs (penniculitis) they said I must be a clutz on the Racquetball court. I was very ill by the time I was diagnosed. Now... many more good days than bad. Love my rheumatologist!

Thanks

Welcome Dorisdeb,

It sounds like you are very active. I am glad you are having more better days than bad. A good rheumatologist can make a big difference.

I hope we hear from you again. Again, welcome to the board.

Take care,

Faith 8)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Dorisdeb
    You are practically my neighbor. I am in Victorville, Calif. which is approx. two and a half hours south of Vegas.
    Like you, many of us suffered with symptoms of Lupus long before our diagnosis and were told by doctors that our symptoms were either our fault or all in our heads!
    You are fortunate to have a good rheumatologist; that is half of the battle won already. Please know that we are here to help you in any way that we can and for as much as you need us. You are not alone.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!