Thread: To our southern California friends!

Thanks

Default To our southern California friends!

Saysusie, I'm not sure where Victorville is in relation to all the fires, I hope and pray you're safe.

A friend's family - her mother, brother and sister, have been evacuated from the northern San Diego area, and I know there are many fires in the LA/Malibu area. For those here who are not from the United States, here is a link to one of the San Diego TV stations http://www.cbs8.com/hot_button/ (very southern tip of the state). The Los Angeles and Malibu area is north of that, fires in both areas have been raging out of control due to 60 mile per hour winds.

May all of our friends (online and otherwise), relatives and all those we have never met be safe. Our prayers are with you.

Thanks

Hi Hatlady,

I was thinking the same thing....and my prayers also are with all our California friends. May your homes be safe and that you suffer no harm.

My love to you all. Please keep us posted and let us know if there is anything you need.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Saysusie is online now Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Hatlady and Browneyedgirl :lol:

Victorville is approximately 120 miles north of San Diego and approximately 60 miles East of Los Angeles. So far, the only affect we've felt has been the soot that has reached us because of the high Santa Ana winds we've been having.
    Our fear right now is the fire hazard in the San Bernardino Mountains (Big Bear and Arrowhead areas) because 80% of the trees are dead up there and any fire would be a disaster (as happened 3 years ago).
    I am concerned for all of the families in both fires and hope that they are safe. Fires in California are, unfortunately, the norm for this time of year (especially with the Santa Anas) so most of us start taking precautions, like clearing dead vegetation around our homes etc. So I pray that the families in these two fires did the same!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

We have family on the edge of the Witch Creek file near Poway (in San Diego County) and have been talking to them frequently. They're elderly and don't want to leave their home - so far they haven't had to, but the fire is just a scant 4 miles away...yikes!

My heart goes out to all who've lost so much. It's just a miracle more people haven't lost their lives.
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Those wildfires are horrific. I feel so bad for everyone affected by them. I really hope everyone will be okay. Stay safe everyone!

Saysusie is online now Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

The news has reported some loss of lives due to the fires. I truly hate hearing about that. As feared, our San Bernardino mountains are on fire again and it is out of control again! I took a drive up to the mountains approx. 2 weeks ago and noted how many dead trees (thousands and thousands) were still up there. These dead trees are only fuel for the fire.
    Now, we hear that some of the fires were possibly started by arsonists! That just leaves me speechless.
    All of this means that the homes that were spared by the fires will more than likely fall victim to floods and mudslides soon. It is all so terribly unfortunate!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I am bewildered. Hard to grasp the mentality of an arsonist. Lacks the simplest form of fundamentals a human being could have. Crazy.

With so many lives being affected, through deaths, feeling their lives are in an uphevel it may seem so overwhelming for us to help because it is more than one. But very dollar and every hour of volunteering helps. Give if you can.

I pray for their recovery in all ways.
    Oluwa

Thanks

Hi,

I heard that the fires in Santa Clarita were started by an arsonist. We are 60 mins north of Magic Mountain (Valencia). I heard they had closed I5 coming north due to the extreme fires along the Grapevine. North can drive south; but south can't drive north.

It is very sad!! I hope they find the arsonist, and he/she pays the consequences for his/her actions. Why would anyone do such a thing is beyond me. I really feel for the elderly who won't or can't leave their homes. Their life means so much more than a house. ops:

In July, we had ash falling for 2 months due to the arson fire by the beach (Santa Maria). My kids couldn't breath; were having asthma attacks. They were couped up inside after 1:00 pm when ash would fall continuously until dawn the next morning. The air quality is very bad normally. I pray for all; and also pray they will get the fire quickly under control. Our thoughts and prayers are with the folks in Los Angeles. God Bless them.

Faith

Faith