Thread: Thanks to all for beins supportive.

Thanks

Default Thanks to all for beins supportive.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you people for the support you give to all daily, no matter the dx or how long been dx. I was dx with early lupus and FMS, then dx took back. Depressed me and said good bye to this sight. Instead of good bye's, I got told I could stay. I had been to another lupus suuport place before, all anyone seemed to care about a newbie was when you were dx. I have horrible memory, I couldn't remember exactly when. No one would answer my questions or talk without my dx date. Like it was some secret club, screening and choosing who is allowed. I just thank all of you are great, I will recommend this sight to anyone in need. I thought places like these needed a dx to join, and you don't. You don't care when and what a dx is. People like this place helps so many people, including me. Sorry to seem so sentimental, just had to get it off my chest.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Cheryl..hey...

You are welcome...

I do hope you know every post you write contributes to that support to system too. I thank you for your words.

Sick or not, diagnosed or not..we are our brothers keeper. Keeping starts by caring, even if it is words on a screen. And how you feeling today? Are you treating your symptoms despite not having the diagnose, yet. I think it is important to still take care of yourself. Are the doctors treating your symptoms still? Are you caring for yourself, stress controlled, eating well, sleep, exercise and be good to yourself in your thoughts too? Hugs.

Back at ya..Thank you Cheryl,
    Oluwa

Open the door to your heart, my friend.
    Heedless of class or creed,
    When you hear the cry of a brother's voice,
    The sob of a child in need.

To the shining heavens that o'ver you bend
    You may need no map or chart,
    But only the love the Master gave;
    Open the door to your heart.

Thanks

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for the kind words; you're absolutely right, this is a great site for supporting people who are going through the diagnosis process or already have Lupus. The glory goes to Saysusie - she and her administrators have done a stellar job making sure that this environment is positive, productive, and helpeful to all.

Sentimental works here, we welcome it everyday! You'll be in my prayers for your continued strength and that you will continue to find comfort here.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cheryl :lol:
    Thank you so much for your kind words and your thoughts. I strive very hard to make this site a place where everyone feels welcome! As I've mentioned before; when my daughter was ill, she and I scoured the internet looking for support and some answers. We ran into the same problems that you ran into. We never got good answers (most were short and terse..like we annoyed them or something!). Anyway, when my daughter passed, my beloved friend, Conrad, remembered what I had told him about the problems Lauri and I had and he designed this free site just for me and in memory of Lauri so that I could provide a safe place for everyone to ask questions and get answers; to vent their emotions and not be judged, to seek comfort and find it and to reach out and find someone there!
    Bless you for letting me know that my hopes for this site are being fulfilled by the wonderful people who post here (and that include you :lol: ). You are most welcome to come as long as you like and we are all still here for you, regardless of your diagnosis or lack thereof!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, you guys are too kind. I do my best and try to help my symptoms one day at a time, no matter what the dx may eventially be. Saysusie, I'm sorry for your loss. I know the pain to well. Thank you from the bottom of my heart that you and your friend did such a kind and most helpful thing for so many others. Everyone here are in my thoughts and prayers. Deffinetly no more searching for answers and support any where else for me, I do believe that I'm here to stay.
    Cheryl

Thanks

I am thankful for this site as well, cheryl_v, for the same reasons. I don't care when I was diagnosed - I think I remember the year, but that isn't important. For that matter, I can never remember my most recent ANA and other test results. High? Low? I can usually remember that, but...

It is our journey, our walk along the path alone and together that matters. Oluwa's poem is so beautiful! We need to reach out to each other.

Saysusie and Conrad have created this place as a welcoming warm respite for all of us to find support, solid information and comfort in each other's words. I'm so grateful they created the site and have maintained it. I remember several months when it was "down" - computers can be fickle sometimes - and how I searched to find other "homes." I found none that were close - this "home" is unique. It was a blessing for all of us when it came back on line.

I'm glad you've found us, and that we have this place of friendship.

Thanks

I echo your sentiments and it's just good to have somewhere to go to talk about either Lupus or Life and all that's in between without feeling like you'll be judged but you will also get some honest answers with a cyber hug attached. What a feeling!!!!