Thread: Elliptical Machine or Treadmill

Thanks

Default Elliptical Machine or Treadmill

As I approach a work out regimen I was wondering if an elliptical machine or treadmill is better for us? I have heard different things. I have walked the treadmill but haven't tried an elliptical machine yet.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

They are both good workout aids, however, the treadmill, or any type of rynning puts strain on the joints.

The elliptical machine is designed to take the strain of the joints, while giving an all over body workout. (please verify this)

So option 2 might be a better option
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

i used to work at a gym, and an elliptical trainer is much much better for joints than a treadmill. from what i can remember, walking on a treadmill can put more stress on the joints than running on an elliptical.

and yes, if the elliptical has the arm movement, then it's a great full body work out.

Thanks

I agree with Morpheus and Perfectlyimperfect. When we went to buy a workout machine, we learned that ellipticals are much easier on the joints, while still providing a really good workout. We bought one and it really is great. I've had periods of time that I couldn't do ANYTHING, but when I can work out, I really like my elliptical. It has the arm movement, but its the legs that really get your heart rate up there. Try out a number of them, though. They are NOT all the same. You need to find one that 'fits' you. Mine has adjustable stride - some don't, and if the stride doesn't fit you, it will really get uncomfortable after a while (I've experienced that using ellipticals in hotels...ouch!) Good luck!
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

thank you all for your reply