Thread: Recently diagnosed and glad to see I'm not alone

Thanks

Default Recently diagnosed and glad to see I'm not alone

Hello to all,
    My name is Christin and I am a 35 year old woman from Ohio. I was diagnosed with SLE about 8 months ago and am just beginning my journey of learning and "dealing". It's been hard for me to reach out as I have always considered myself a strong-willed person who can deal with things on my own. I am realizing, though, that isolating and being pig-headed is not the answer. I thankfully have discovered 2 friends who have this disease in common with me and they are wonderful to talk with. Both, however, have been somewhat recently diagnosed and though they are a wonderful support system, do not always have the answers I am looking for, simply due to lack of experience in dealing with this disease and its effects. I'm hoping to meet others who know what it is like to live with almost constant pain along with all of the other things lupus patients experience. I positively refuse to let this disease get me down or hold me back from what I feel is important in my life. (there's that pig-headedness again...) I thankfully have a HUGE ability to laugh at myself and use humor as a way to get through when time are pretty much crapola. I sure hope to meet other positive people who perhaps have some words of wisdom and the desire to extend friendship. In the future, after learning more, I hope to be able to return that favor. I wish you all the best and look forward to talking with you.
    Take good care of yourselves,
    Christin

Thanks

We're all on a journey and learn somethin new (seems like) almost every time we go to the doctor.

Welcome and you've joined a great cyber family!

Thanks

Thanks Pretti!
    This is a little hard for me - posting in a forum like this. It sure is nice to read such a sweet response. It is a bit of a challenge...the jury is still out on my Rheumatologist. We have quite a new relationship and I am not sure what to expect from him or from this disease. My friends constantly tell me to expect the unexpected...fun fun! I feel like I am on a journey over here and good or bad, it is nice to not feel alone. Thanks again for responding!
    Christin

Thanks

Hi Christin

There are a lot of people here willing to share with you so that you might find an easier path of it. Do the research, the more you know, well, the more you know.

If you have any reservations about your doctor, get a second opinion. If you trust her/him, tell them EVERYTHING. Even if you think you can't, you must.

Lupus is one heck of a roller coaster ride, you just have to re-learn when to raise your arms and let go and when to hold on.

Have a great day.
    Scotty

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Christin :lol:
    Welcome to our family. Lupus is such an unpredictable disease and it affects each of us differently. So, you are doing the right thing by trying to learn as much as you can about Lupus, its medications, its symptoms, its treatments and how to make lifestyle changes to help you manage your Lupus.
    There are some here who have dealt with Lupus for more than 20yrs (like myself) and there are quite of few "newbies" here also. Not to mention the many here who are not old nor new! So, you will find experiences shared from a varied spectrum of members! What you will also find is understanding, comfort, support, information and people who truly do care!
    I am glad that you joined us and I want you to know that you are not alone!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!