Hello to all,
My name is Christin and I am a 35 year old woman from Ohio. I was diagnosed with SLE about 8 months ago and am just beginning my journey of learning and "dealing". It's been hard for me to reach out as I have always considered myself a strong-willed person who can deal with things on my own. I am realizing, though, that isolating and being pig-headed is not the answer. I thankfully have discovered 2 friends who have this disease in common with me and they are wonderful to talk with. Both, however, have been somewhat recently diagnosed and though they are a wonderful support system, do not always have the answers I am looking for, simply due to lack of experience in dealing with this disease and its effects. I'm hoping to meet others who know what it is like to live with almost constant pain along with all of the other things lupus patients experience. I positively refuse to let this disease get me down or hold me back from what I feel is important in my life. (there's that pig-headedness again...) I thankfully have a HUGE ability to laugh at myself and use humor as a way to get through when time are pretty much crapola. I sure hope to meet other positive people who perhaps have some words of wisdom and the desire to extend friendship. In the future, after learning more, I hope to be able to return that favor. I wish you all the best and look forward to talking with you.
Take good care of yourselves,
Christin