Thread: New to support groups

Thanks

Default New to support groups

Hi..my name is Heather and i am 24 years old. I was diagnosed with lupus nephritis back in march and its recently hit me whats going on. I never wanted to join a support group but i recently went through my first flareup, and went through a really bad depression. I lost my fulltime job because i had excessive exhaustion and felt like i couldnt function in life. I'm not really sure where to go from here. I obviously cant handle physically exhausting jobs fulltime, so how do you lead a normal life so to speak when you have to change your future? I went from going to school full-time and working 2 jobs to not being able to handle just a full-time dental assisting job. and the acne from the steroids?? i cant take it anymore...is there anything that helps it?? If anyone can assist me in getting through this first year i would greatly apprecite it..no one else understands...
    thank you so much

Heather

Thanks

Hi Heather,

I had to quit my job 4 months ago. I couldn't even handle a job as a truck salesman. How easy is that job? I was in auto sales for 15 years.

Luckily, my boss actually learned what I had and let me work a reduced schedule until I just couldn't anymore. Sorry you had to quit work, I know what that is like.

Lots of great information here. And everyone is so helpful here, lots of experience (unfortunately) and everyone is willing to share.

Good luck and get all the rest you possibly can.
    Scotty

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Thanks

Hi Heath,

Welcome...

Sorry to know Lupus has changed your course. We all can help you through this. It's tough. We know, we have been there, we are there...we understand. We have ideas, remedies, resources, an ear..and humor..Surf through the forums, through the threads, engage in a conversations (posts)..

Acne, I haven't had issues with it. I use a Gentle Neutrogena Scrub and Johnson and Johnson Gentle Purpose Cleaner. Both very light, leaves my skin smooth and not irritated. I have malar rash. I am not currently on scaryroids...steriods.

How are you doing with your depression now? Blah? Deep? Neutral? I stumble in and out of it too. It all depends on the pain, being alone, too much thinking...

I hope today with Lupus has been good to you..again welcome, Heath.
    Oluwa

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Heather :lol:
    As you can see, many of us have had to give up our jobs due to Lupus. I gave up my job in Law-enforcement in 2001 (I just retired early). However, I work from my home right now and that income, along with my meager retirement, seems to keep me afloat.
    Many people have discussed work-at-home businesses, but it is very hard to find them, unless you start your own!
    We are all here to help you in any way that we can and you can be sure that there will always be someone here who knows exactly what you are going through and who can offer you information, answers, support and comfort!
    The depression is a common symptom of Lupus, we all have struggled with it. Myself, I see a therapist (now only once/month - used to be two times/week!!) and I also take medication to help me sleep. I think that it is just as important that we take care of our emotional health as it is that we take care of our physical health. There is nothing wrong with you if you are feeling depressed, as I said, it is a symptom of Lupus as well as a side effect of some medications for Lupus! But, it might be helpful for you to seek help for your depression so that it does not run your life!
    I wish you the very best and I'm happy that you joined us.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default thank you

thanks for all the replies...the depression seems to get better when i feel better and i dont feel like it is taking over my life...i was thinking a bout taking out a student loan and going back to school just until i can figure out how to deal with this. My plan in life was to go to dental school, but i think with my illness, being a dentist may be too much on me. Thats the hardest part is giving up something you've worked your whole life for because your sick. You feel like you've lost. I was never the girl to settle for the hygentist or the nurse. i wanted to be the dentist or the doctor and i know it would be too much for me. Right now i just sit at ahome all day with nothing to do becasue i'm afraid to even get a part time job. I think right at this moment i am more annoyed then depressed...and thank god its winter because i am sick of seeing tan people, when i used to love the sun and i cant look at it anymore..anyways.. i'm ranting now...thanks for listening =)