Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Thanks

Default PAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

I was wondering if anyone wakes up in the middle of the night with achiness and pain. If so are there any medications you can take to make it thru the night? I'm currently on Lortab 10mg and take them before I go to bed but it only last's about 4 hours. Sometimes I'll take a muscle relaxer but usually only on the weekend because I wake up so tired the next day. Thanks.

Thanks

Morning Star,

How are you? Still night awakening with aches? Where are they? All over?

I use to get those aches at every joint and muscle, but I think it was mainly having Lupus and not moving during the night? Do you move or se up like cement?

Maybe a little stretching before crawling into bed. I do that and it seems to help. Or a nice warm shower before crawling in...

I still had leg aches, and was prescribed Requib for that which I dose before going to bed. Stopped dosing for a few weeks, was pain free in the legs but it acts up now and then.

Praying you find your wellness,
    Oluwa :sleeping:

Thanks

I take valerian drops in a glass of water before bed and it helps me sleep. I get the valerian from a health food store. It is a natural herb.

Yes, pain at night is so common with lupus. I have it too.

All the best.

Thanks

Morning Star..

Months later still looking for you...How are things?

Wondering how you are...hope wellness has found its way to you...

Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hi, I'm hanging in there, :P I'm still having those pains of waking up at night here and there, I'm going to ask my pain mgmt dr for Ultram ER it's supossed to last 24 hrs, hopefully that'll due to trick, I'm now on Imuran along with plaquenil and it's not kicked it yet been about 3 weeks was told it would take awile though. My Rheumie did give me a steroid shot which has helped tremendously with the chills I was having they are not near as bad. Well hope you are doing okay, Thanks for remembering me and asking about me Were do you live?

Thanks

Morning Star,

There you are..hugs.

I am sorry your pains haven't found something better to do. All over? Isolated? Plaquenil took a lot of my joint pain away. Thankful for that little pill.

As I recall mine started to kick in about 5 weeks..it was quick. I get aches still, but not an all day, all night, everyday of the week pain. If I over do it, like walking about, shopping...it comes back, just for a day up to oh, three days.

Did you know Restless Leg Syndrome can affect your body, arms too. Had that been suggested to you or had been prescribed anything like Requib? I took that for many months as I mentioned earlier..now my legs and arms don't have that deep inside muscle ache or jumpy to them....not even now and then. I don't dose with anymore..

What are your chills from....?

I live near Charleston, SC...a few miles from the city line...where are you?

It's the weekend, what is on your agenda?

Keep searching for your wellness.
    Hugs,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Sorry to poke my nose in...but yes another shameless post on the wonders of polar fleece sheets.

I couldn't get warm at night to save my life. I dreaded going to bed till I got the polar fleece sheets...cut way down on my aches cause I wasn't shivering.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Have you every tried these patches called flector patches they work great and last for 12 hrs, there better for you because they don't go into your blood stream just at the site of pain.
    MY God Bless you everyday, Cryssyjojo

Thanks

cryssyjojo

Just a word of warning about those patches. K two words. Dont over use there is a chemical in those that will build up in your system.

And keep a close eye on the condistion of the skin on the site that you use the patch. If the skin starts to look flakey or peeling. Stop using the patch.

Over use of those can be very dangerous.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

The chills are from flaring from the lupus, I've been running a low grade fever but since I've got the steroid shot and my mom bought me an electric blanket which has been a life saver they are much better, I still keep a heating pad at my desk at work, I also have Livedo Reticularis which looks horrible when I'm cold. The plaquenil took care of most of my joint pain, but as far as muscle pain it did not. Lupus is weird because you never know what kind of day your going to have, sometime's I'll go 2- 3 days or so feeling okay then boom I feel bad for around 4-5 days, then back again. :shock: The Imuran has made my fatigue worse which the plaquenil actually helped, but maybe it'll get better since I've only been on it for about 4 weeks. When my aches kick in the get worse and worse until I finally have to take a pain pill, NSAIDS don't even touch the pain I've tried it. then when you wake up in the middle of the night cause your pain med has worn off, sure makes ya mad. Anyways, hopefully the Ultram ER will work I see my DR next week for that. I take Zonegran for my peripheral neuropathy, my nose has been going numb and tingly lately not sure what that's from, also had some migraine and chronic headaches that won't go away, I haven't had headaches since I start the Cymbalta I told my Rheumie they didn't seem to concerned? Well hope the weather finds you okay down in South Carolina. Here in Okla last weekend it was in the 70's now it's in the 30's again, but that's Okla for ya. Well hope your day finds you symptoms free....