Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is everyone doing alright?

Thanks

Default Is everyone doing alright?

Wondering how you all are, it has been awhile since I've read any of you...Missy, I love History, Teroid, Saysusie, Maggie17, Sonya, Ashley, Brian, Buddhabelly, Browneyedgirl and many, many, many...more..

Praying for everyone and hoping they are all enjoying life, enjoying the opening of Fall and not tucked in somewhere filled with moans and groans.
    Oluwa

Autumn
    by Sangster
    When Autumn flings her banners wide upon the October air,
    All nature seems to thank its God for makinglife so fair.
    The hills go robed in amethyst, the trees are dressed in fire,
    The very air seems thrilling with a passionless desire.
    One somehow feels that God on high must love this season best,
    He holds it as a mother holds her baby close to her breast.
    The pressure of his hand is on all nature like a prayer-
    When Autumn flings her banners wide upon October air.

Thanks

What a beautiful poem Oluwa!

Thank you, it brightened my morning - and here in Illinois it is a beautiful dappled sun, crisp temperature day with the leaves starting to turn and fall. I love this time of year!

May your day be filled with beauty, warmth, and kindness -

Thanks

Hi: Thanks for taking the time to post a poem and ask us all how we are. I liked the poem although I am not sure I would agree with the line about "making life so fair".

I myself am not doing too badly these days at all, thank you very much. I got two bionic knees within the past year and I am now so enjoying the gift of mobility and every step is a joy.

I like you hope that all our forum friends are feeling well and enjoying life's positive gifts................................beautifulbelu ga

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Oluwa :lol:
    Thank you for thinking of all of us and for your kind wishes and for the beautiful poem. I love the line about October air. October is a very important month for me for many reasons. I love the changes that occur in October and it helps me to conjure up wonderful happy memories. I think that I have to agree....Autumn is the best part of the year

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Oluwa,

OH MAN....I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT POEM. I am an Autumn Addict....I love the colors, I love the smell of autumn, the gentle winds, the falling leaves, squirrels scurrying around for their winter "haul", birds flying south somewhere (I'm sure to find Jimmy Buffet's next concert)....and just watching the cycle of nature doing it's thing!!

That is so kind of you to be checking up and checking in on all of us. We're a family, you know - we don't get too far from one another without someone else knowing where we are (smile). I like that about our lupus family - we've grown in love with each other - and that's comforting!!

How are you, friend? How are you feeling, what's going on in your life and keep sharing those poems....that was so beautiful.....music and poetry are two of my favorite loves.....of which I have many!!

Need to run - thanks for stopping by and keep us posted about how you're doing.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

Oluwa, that was so nice! Thanks for checking on all of us, and for the uplifting poem. Fall has been around a while in Minnesota (at least this far north) and all the leaves are on the ground in the woods around my home. The animals are soooo active...I love to watch them getting ready for winter. The town I live in is on Lake Superior (like an inland ocean, really) and it looks so different now - changes colors with every season. I really love autumn, but I'm not a huge fan of winter so I wish we could just skip it and go right to spring!

I'm doing OK - hangin' in there. Good days - bad days - but more good than bad, so I'm celebrating that. I too hope all of my lupus 'family' are doing well!

Take care, Oluwa...be well!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Default Re: Is everyone doing alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Oluwa
    Wondering how you all are, it has been awhile...Missy, I love History, Teroid, Saysusie, Maggie17, Sonya, Ashley, Brian, Buddhabelly, Browneyedgirl and many, many, many...more..

Praying for everyone and hoping they are all enjoying life, enjoying the opening of Fall and not tucked in somewhere filled with moans and groans.
    Oluwa

Autumn
    by Sangster
    When Autumn flings her banners wide upon the October air,
    All nature seems to thank its God for makinglife so fair.
    The hills go robed in amethyst, the trees are dressed in fire,
    The very air seems thrilling with a passionless desire.
    One somehow feels that God on high must love this season best,
    He holds it as a mother holds her baby close to her breast.
    The pressure of his hand is on all nature like a prayer-
    When Autumn flings her banners wide upon October air.

Hi every one!! Im back from my trip!! and feeling chipper and when i read this post I sense the feeling everyone is enjoying the fall weather and colors,, could it be the lack of intense sunshine that effects us so dramatically, i think that what makes me feel better,, anyway Im happy and hoping everyone has a little relief here in the fall

Terry
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

Everyone....You're welcome. It is lovely to read you again. That is great you enjoyed the poem and are indulging all your senses as the seasons change.

I am doing really good as a whole too. Thank you for asking.

Jody, I know Lake Superior very well. I was raised in Da U.P. Upper Michigan before heading west in my teen years. We probably have the same accent. Dem, Dos and yous guys, EH? I am half Finnish and the other half French Canadian(Ottawa Indian). The Fall is absolutely beautiful in the midwest.

Ah, another beautiful day...have a roll in the leaves....
    Rolling,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Oluwa & Jody, I like you both just love Lake Superior any time of the year but you are right fall is especially beautiful. I live in Canada one province over from the lake but my neighbor and good friend has a cottage on the shores of Lake Superior (clear and cold) and my husband and I go down in the summer and enjoy the beauty and the water. Jody exactly where are you on the American side? We must be living fairly close to each other you however in one country and me in the other..........................beautifulbeluga

Thanks

Yup, Oluwa...I have that same accent! I didn't think I had an accent until I was on a crowded elevator with people from all over the country. I was way up in front, talking to my husband. From the very back of the elevator someone said "Hey up there, you must be from Minnesota - you betcha!" :lol:

Beautifulbeluga, I'm in Duluth - right at the Western tip of the big lake. We're about 3 hours from the Canadian border. Duluth is built on the hillside created by one of the big glaciers that carved out what is now the North Shore of Lake Superior - ragged, dramatic and sometimes pretty wild. It's a real challenge to drive here in the winter (some streets are so steep it's ridiculous...what were they thinking!?) But, it's breathtakingly beautiful when you come "over the hill" and see the city cascading down to the shores of the lake. Wow...I should work for the Duluth chamber of commerce, huh?

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."