Thread: Howdy!

Thanks

Default Howdy!

Hi, my name is Lindsay. I'm 22, and after an extensive hospital visit, was diagnosed with lupus on April 2. I've probably had it for at least a year now, but just didn't want to believe I was as sick as I was. I had severe anemia (they were about ready to give me a blood transfusion), an apparent kidney infection (though I felt no pain from it), and developed pericarditis and pleuritis (which I am still trying to deal with)... But that's just what put me in the hospital. I deal on a daily basis with joint and muscle pain, along with extreme boughts of fatigue.

I'm slowly adjusting to all the changes that I'm having to make. I'm going back to work part time (hopefully), and trying to remain active while still relaxing as much as possible (not easy to do). Not to mention all the meds and supplements that my rheumatologist has me on.

I've been very lucky though, in that I have a very supportive family backing me through this, as well as a very sweet and loving boyfriend helping me learn as much about this illness as possible. (He's actually the one that found this site for me. )

I've been lurking for a couple days now, and am so happy to have found a community that understands what I am going through right now. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on what's happening to me, but its very difficult not to get frustrated when you can't even pick up your own cat.

I just hope that by being here I can learn more about this, as well as offer my support to anyone who needs it.

Thanks for being here,
    Lindsay

Thanks

Default Welcome

Hi Polly,

I just joined a few weeks ago. I think you'll find that everyone here is thoughtful and understanding.

It does some how make you feel better knowing you're not alone and that there are other's out there who understand exactly what you are going through.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing, or if you have any questions. I've noticed that when I post questions I usually get several replies with in a day or so.

Michelle

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Polly:
    Welcome to our forum. Yes...we want you to know that you are not alone, that we do understand, we are here to help you and to support you in any way that we can.
    I developed this forum, with a dear friend of mine (also known as "Most Beloved Administrator") after losing my daughter to complications of lupus. I had to watch her lonileness and confusion as she dealt with her symptoms. I decided that I did not want anyone else to feel alone or afraid. Especially when there are so many of us who understand what you are experiencing!
    So, I hope that we can be what you need at a time when you need it. Stay in touch...someone is always here for you!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Welcome!