Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some dark humor to fight the pain

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default some dark humor to fight the pain

hi everyone,
    i am a 31 year old female diagnosed with SLE 3 years ago. although things often appear to be getting better thanks to quensyl (plaquenil in america) and learning how to relax when my body tells me to, i still get SO frustrated whenever the big ugly wolf shows up.
    the last few days have some of the worst i can remember. i have the "electric" feeling in my joints and muscles, i can't sleep well at night, my heart is beating very quickly and i change between hot and cold so quickly and on top of all that my head gets so foggy when i feel like this!
    so my husband was just trying to cheer me up and we started coming up with names for my "other" partner (lupus).
    i thought some of these were pretty appropriate for the terror that lupus can cause, hopefully they can make others laugh like it did for me...

Osama Bin Lupus
    Slobodan Miloselupus
    Benito Lupolini
    Adolupus Hitler

that's all we've got for now. any others? :P

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello :lol:
    Welcome to our family. I know what you mean by really hating flare-ups and all of the other symptoms that come with those flare-ups (like inability to sleep; muscle and joint pain; etc.)
    I'm unable to come up with any other funny names Not that creative I guess. Maybe someone else will!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default High pulsrate

can anybody help me, i am having for two days a pretty bad heart rate, today i had 102 and is nnot stoping at all. Is is normal , anybody had experinced?

Thanks

I used to be an EMT, not a doctor by any means, but a fast heart rate, (tachycardia) isn't usually normal for two days. I'd go get looked at asap, and if you haven't already gone to a doctor, I'd head to an ER. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck to you.

Lisa

Thanks

Default thank you

Thank you Lisa, i think i am heading to the doctor. I think i have many questions to ask, it is good time to. I just always hate to think that they may keep me in Hospital. I live in Austria and Lupus over here is for people pretty a unknown, NOT for my doctor though. I just can't deal with the thought to go again in the hospital. I bet you guys all whent through all that bevore. However i will keep you in touch.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Just...
    Please let us know how you are doing and what the doctors are doing for your heart rate. We will be waiting for your post!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default heart rate

HI everybody,
    I viisted my doctor and they made a EKG, and she sad it is harmoles, she just put me in biger dosis of Cortisol, which helped me. I also need to see a Internist soon. But the big concern is gone,since i know now that sometimes heart rate can be typical for Lupus.
    Hope i gave good infos.

Thanks

Ask your doctor if your thyroid needs to be checked - when I had non-graves hyperthyroid I had a resting pulse of 95 - Oh do I know how miserable you feel if yours is even higher!

I wasn't aware that high pulse rate was typical for lupus. Anyone else aware of this?

gentle hugs and hope you feel better quickly!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

In answer to your question about Lupus and a high pulse rate: It is possible. When Lupus affects the cardiovascular system, the symptoms can unclude: hyperactivity of the heart, accelerated pulse and high blood pressure.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default heart rate

Thank you for the advice to ask for thyroid .... I am sorry if my engllish is limited and sometimes i don!t give the full info., i will try to improve my writing in future
    To much going on im my life at he moment , and maybe i will try to find some peace with some relaxation musik bevor i reply to you It really helps.

Good day to everybody.