Thread: undiagnosed

Thanks

Default undiagnosed

Hi, all! I am searching for a good doctor. I have an appt. next week with "the one" I hope. I tested + for ANA in Jan. of '05 and again last week. First test was speckled 1:2560. Most recent test was speckled 1:640. I actually felt worse when I got the most recent test. The first time I complained of my fingers turning white in the cold and my arms falling asleep if I slept with them on my stomach. Recently my arms fall asleep no matter how I lay them, the Raynaud's is worse, ultra fatigued, loss of hair, always cold, WEIGHT GAIN of 15 pounds, light sensitivity, lingering injuries, low resting heart rate-39, blood pressure 100/60, can't pick things up, can't type at the rate I used to, and trouble speaking. I've read up on things in the auto immune department. Many of my symptoms seems to match different conditions, but the weight gain still boggles me.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Thanks

Default advice?

Hi Deena
    I don't know how qualified I am to give any advice, but I can tell you that in my experience when my body is stressed I really have to work to not gain weight. And when you don't feel well or can't work out it seems to be inevitable. Good luck finding a good doctor. I was lucky with getting a quick diagnosis, but haven't had any luck at finding a doctor who will really work with me. I guess I'm a difficult patient because I would rather try and fix a problem than go on medications that have side effects and often only mask my symptoms, or cause other symptoms. They do help when I get desperate enough to take them, but I'm still looking for other alternatives. I hope the doctor you go to next week is "the one." That is so very important!
    Welcome and good luck!
    Lars