Thread: just came from doc app.

Thanks

Default just came from doc app.

I'm so frustrated , went to see doc today for my shot. Told if it worked on the swelling, it may not be FMS after all. Or maybe a mild form being caused by something else :? . Took back the dx of FMS and the "early" lupus dx since he's unsure of whats going on. Doc says something is wrong, just really baffled as to what. He refered me to a Rummy Doc again, if my insurance will cover it. They dropped my last one for no reason. I'm so tired of it all :cry: . I swear I dx myself with just being old before my time. This body's just not equiped to run right for its age. I'm turning 34 in 2 wks, and my body's old. I'm sorry to say that I'm not going back to my doc, or any doc. I've done this for 4yrs, and back to square one again. I can't take it, I'm done with docs. Thanks for listening, Good Bye everyone. Nice chatting with you guys, you've been helpful.
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cheryl;
    I'm not sure if you will return to read this reply or not. I truly understand how frustrating this can be. Especially when your doctors are not being helpful or you feel as if you are getting the run around. But, at the risk of sounding unsympathetic, your decision sounds as if you are giving up and, to me, that is a very unwise thing to do.
    You cannot hurt your doctors by spiting them! They could care less if you never return. You will be replaced by another patient and in a week, they won't remember your name. However, who you are truly hurting is yourself and that, I CARE ABOUT! You are not achieving anything by giving up on getting medical help.
    Don't let your frustrations and anger cause you to do more harm to yourself. You know the old saying, "don't cut off your nose to spite your face!" That, my dear, is essentially what you are doing.
    I know you are tired of the fight...so are we all! We all have to fight with our doctors, fight with our insurance companies, fight with our HMO's. But Cheryl, don't you think that you and your health are worth the fight? Stand up for yourself, stand up for your health, stand up for your right to be treated (regardless of what your illness is!).
    Your solution is (again, I may sound unsympathetic) childish and extremely detrimental to ONLY YOU!! Get back in there and fight...you are the only one who can fight for you. So do it! You want to be healthy, you'll never get there with the decision you've made. You want to be healthy, fight for your right to be healthy, to be treated and to be heard!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hello, I'm here. Forgot it comes to my e-mail, felt obligated to read it. I didn't mean to sound so childish, just what doc said hurt more than I expected. To my surprise, my husband was upset that I said I wasn't going back. He went on-line last night and found a Rheumy our ins. will cover. He said even if we are chasing a ghost, we'll have an answer. I explained that being back at square 1 means it can take a long time to find something out. He said maybe a fresh pair of eyes will help. He picked a teaching hospital, said they love new challanges and finding things out. Needless to say I was in shock, the guy who acted as if I was faking it stood up and told me to stop pouting and crying and get back in and find out whats wrong. I never had home support before, I've fought alone. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason, maybe this did to open hubby's eyes that I am not faking anything, its real. I'm sorry, didn't realize how foolish I sounded. I didn't realize I was that upset. I'll call monday for new app. with Rheumy, it might be easier this time around with him there with me. Sorry, and thanks again for your honesty and support. I've never been so sad before, but I think I'm coming around. I'll come back if you guys will still have my whinny behind :lol: .
    Cheryl

Thanks

We've all been there and more than once and might even visit that feeling again, but I am glad that your husband is supporting you. Having a good support system can make a world of difference in dealing with any illness.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Cheryl;
    First; Of course we want you here :lol: We are here to help you...no matter what you are diagnosed with! We want you to come to us to vent, to cry, to question and to learn. Yes, I will ALWAYS be honest with you. Why? Because I want you to fight for your right to be as healthy as possible and I want you to want to fight! Come to us at anytime, there will always be someone here to help you.
    Second; I am so happy that your husband is supportive and becoming active in your health care. It may be that he always believed you, but that he was in denial (as we all were when we were first faced with this disease). His telling you that your symptoms were not real might have been more of his wish than his true feeling. Many of us went through that same metamorphosis with our loved-ones. Their frustration at not being able to make our illness go away, their anger at our having a life-long illness etc. revealed itself in their telling us that we were not as sick as we said we were. Somehow, I think that this reaction is part of a process that they all had to go through before they were able to come to terms with the reality of the situation.
    It might help you to also educate your husband as you are educating yourself. Learning together about your symptoms, medications, treatments etc. will be beneficial to both of you when you are trying to manage your illness!

Remember.....you are always welcome here
    :lol:
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks, to both of you.
    Cheryl

Thanks

HI there,

Not sure if you willbe able to help me but i have a few questions. I was told about 2 years ago that I had anticardiolipin antibody and that i should come off the pill - this was by the doctor however the nurse told me to go to another doctor and basically not say anything about my blood. so i did that and for the last year or so i have been suffering very badly with my health.

I m wrecked all the time. I got burstis in my knees, high blood pressure mouth ulcers and lumps in my nose and things like that. So i went to the doctor and he gave tablets for my knees and suggested that if i didnt go to come back and get tested for auto immune diease - so i went back but a new doctor was there and didnt want to test.

Is there a risk that I have lupus as i know the antibody is somewhat related to it?? I know i have done a stupid thing lying to the doctor about the bloods but i thought the nurse was right and it wouldnt affect me.

I d appreciate any advice or information that you have.

Thanks

Thanks

One thing I've learned is to always be honest with your doc. They can't help you if they don't have all the info. As to whats going on, I wouldn't have know. Apperantly something is wrong, but auto immune diseases are so hard to set apart at times. I'm learning that myself. My advice would be to keep a journal of all your problems, not daily- just all the various symptoms you have. My doc gave me that advice, said it helped him know everything my body goes through. It also helps sence I tend to forget some things when I'm in the office. Hope this helps.
    Cheryl