Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from California

Thanks

Default Hello from California

I wanted to say hi and thank everyone for discussing issues that effect most or all of us at one time or another in fighting these diseases. I was diagnosed with Lupus almost 2 years ago; and most recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. :?

Thanks

Hi Faith...

Welcome...I ditto your thanks. Thank you to Saysusie and Conrad who made this forum available for us to come to when we need information, a soft place to be heard and a friend who knows, even if we are just words on a screen you can feel the concern and care from us all.

I have Lupus, Sjorgrens Syndrome...achy and dry.

I hope you come here often...wonderful people from all over. Near or far, someone will always be here.

Here's to finding our wellness,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Thank you Oluwa. I have a friend who has Lupus, and Sjorgrens Syndrome. I am sorry to hear you have either.

I have been reading some of the info, which has been very imformative. The people on the board are wonderful, far and near.

Again, thank you for the welcome; and lets all pray for a cure for auto-immune diseases.

God Bless,

Faith

Thanks

Amen.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Faith :lol:
    Welcome to our family. What part of California are you from? I am in Southern California...San Bernardino County.
    As Oluwa has shared with you, there are many people here who want only to help you in any way that they can. You will always find someone here when you are in need!

Again....welcome
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Saysusie,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am between Central and Southern California. I visit Los Angeles every couple of months. The drive, traffic delays, and anxiety take a toll.

Oluwa shared with me; and welcomed me warmly. It's good to share experiences and also help someone at the same time. It's a great support group.

Thank you,

Faith :?

Thanks

Hi Oluwa,

I was surfing the site and noticed you had mentioned your teeth hurting, and itching an invisible rash. It's frustrating, my legs will itch at times; but there is no rash.

I had never had my teeth hurt until Friday evening when I was trying to eat green beans and it really hurt; threw them out. I can only attribute the teeth issue to a really bad cold/respiratory infection that I have been fighting lately though why they would hurt now, I have no idea. Immune system very low possibly? Experiencing more fibro myalgias and joint pain more than usual.

Another quick question, anyone ever woken up from a dead sleep to pain singing "Good Morning?" My whole right calf felt like tight rubber bands as if someone was physically pulling them. Calf was tight, tried to move & couldn't move because it increaseed pain; then the painful rolling spasms began.

I started panting in my half-sleep/pain, lol, praying it would go away and I could continue sleeping. I must have whined in my sleep/panting, my hubby woke up within a few minutes and asked what was wrong. I told him needed to massage my lower leg, but I couldn't move it. Bless him, he massaged it and it eventually went away.

I have never heard any of the itching and teeth hurting symptoms belonging to Lupus or Fibromyalgia. It's bizarre to say the least. Well, good news is I lost a couple more pounds. I really didn't need those green beans anyway. lol.

Everyday is definately an adventure. Thank you for the support.

Take care,

Faith
    8)

Thanks

Default wakeing to pain

i wake most days to pain in joints or low back mostly
    some nights i sleep only two or three hours
    with me i find that when im static ie not moveing it begins to hurt every where
    so i try to keep moveing as much as i can anyway lol
    no real fix that i know of other than pain killers :cry:
    its not as bad as it sounds once you get used to it the pain thing that is
    oh for me warm baths help or heating pads on knees hips and shoulders with a warm wet wash cloth

Thanks

Hi Terrycolorado,

Welcome to the board. I have always wanted to visit Colorado.

I am somewhat used to the joint pain, as used to it as I guess you can get and rarely take painkillers. I love taking long hot showers; it seems to help the joints. When it rains, I feel like I am walking on broken ankles. I getting used to it and thank goodness it doesn't rain too much. lol. I frequently adjust my stride due to hip joint pain; so I look somewhat normal. Are you bothered by change in temperatures?

It's ironic how differently fibro and joint pain differ. I am sure as time goes by; I will hopefully become used to the fibro pain.

Like you, I have had mostly joint pain with Lupus and lower back pain, hip, elbow and shoulders; lower back especially when driving out of town for an apptmt. or for more than 30 mins. I am now feeling upper back and neck pain. I have noticed if I stay in the same position for more than 10-30 mins, I really pay for it. I used to carry a portable camp chair to my kids games in order to sit and watch; I now take a beach towell.

I think you are right in that you have to keep moving around. I didn't mean to sound wimpy about calf pain, if I did, I apologize. It seems like we have to have a happy medium; ie not sit too long and not be on your feet too long. I had never experienced rolling spasms of rubberband pain in the calves before and to that intensity. Was just curuious if anyone else had.

I will try the heating pad; thanks for the suggestion.

Take care,
    Faith 8)

Thanks

hey i hope i didnt make you feel bad all pain sucks and i dont think any of us is wimpy haveing to deal with our lot in life so please dont take anything i have said that way because i didnt mean it that way
    i think the best we can do is try to stay positve and take each day one at a time love the people that are in our lives and our selves because at the end of the day that is what is really important
    hang in there and know that you are not alone there is a bunch of us out there