Thread: Diet and dosage of prednisone

Thanks

Default Diet and dosage of prednisone

My son is curious about how low of a prednisone dosage some of you were on before you could stop watching your sodium intake so carefully. He is extremely careful and his doctor has told him that he can treat himself at times but he is looking forward to the day when he won't have to be so restricted.
    Thanks in advance.
    Beth

Thanks

Hi Beth,

From my experience, Prednisone is notorious for packing on the weight (especially water weight)...I feel like a blow-fish half the time (smile).

I've always been told to watch salt, as lupus can affect kidney's (which mine is)....salt is out for me. I know it's hard getting used to; but once I got used to it and noticed that the pudgy face look was going away, I was willing to make the trade.

I'm sure Suze will be by to share her treasures of information with you as well as others.

I hope you and your son are doing well. Keep us posted and it's so nice to see you still posting. You're such a blessing to us all.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

So if I quit the salt when I am on it, the puffyness will go away??