I have been lurking around here for some time and decided to write in!! in Jan 2006 I was diagnosed with cancer in my neck - after several surgeries looking for primary, the drs did a neck dissection - slit from ear to ear, took out lots of lymph nodes and left me learning to move my arms and neck again. In Jan of this year, I was covered in spots, every joint ached and my chest was hurting so bad I couldn't take a breath in. Dr.'s said it was from all my surgeries. When I found my throat closing and no end in the spots, my surgeon sent me to a rhumie - a few tests later and Lupus is was.

Started on placquinal and steriods. Man I felt like crap. After a while I'd get feeling better and then wake up the next morning and my eye would be swollen shut - or the next I couldn't bend my hand - it was scary to wake up. On top of that my hair was falling out in clumps, my cheeks looked like a chipmunk and I had a mustache!! Dr. then changed steriods for Imeran - much better. I've been on it a month or so now and way better.

Thanks for having the forum, no on can really understand like those of us who have been or are there - thanks to you all----