Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really Embarassing question for Women Only

Thanks

Default Really Embarassing question for Women Only

I'm 44 and have really noticed a proliferation of commercials relating to bladder control issues.

I rarely have the problem but more often seem to excessively sweat "down there. " So the result is similar -- with dampness spread over a broader area.

Any solutions? It's not like I can use my solid antipersperant.... And I'm not ready for adult diapers or pads.

Thanks

:roll: Don't you love how they make us all believe that bladder control, GERD and who knows what else is "normal" and we should all take their wonderful pills? What a pain!

While I don't have the level of issue you're expereincing, I stay away from synthetic undies - the "tidy whities" seem to be more comfortable.

Have you tried a non-talc powder to keep a bit cooler as well?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Also, Vagisil makes a powder that helps with dampness and odor. Here is the advertisement for it. I've used it for years and have been really satisfied with the results.
    "Vagisil talc-free feminine powder has double odor protection. Vagisil Talc-free feminine powder neutralizes odors with the power of baking soda. Vagisil Talc-free feminine powder helps eliminate odor-causing bacteria, thereby keeping odor from recurring. Vagisil Talc-Free Feminine powder absorbs wetness for a fresh."

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

As long as we're on the subject of embarrassing feminine problems, what about...gulp...vaginal dryness? ops: ops: ops: I have Sjogrens which makes causes dry eyes, mouth...everything. I'm just not having any luck finding anything that really works. Sorry for the sensitive topic...but if I can't ask you, who CAN I ask?!
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Hi Mnjodette,

I have Sjogren's too. Try... http://www.astroglide.com/ I do. A little dab will do ya.

Enjoy the day or will it be night..
    Oluwa

Thanks

Another one would be Replens
    http://www.replensmd.co.uk/replens/r...type=&offset=0

I've heard good things about it. Regardless you are wanting one that is slightly acidic to mimic the normal environment. Other wise you will end up with a nasty infection. I had a quick look at the astroglide site and it seems to be too.

Hope you get it under control..

Thanks

Thank you, Oluwa and Nekhbet, for your responses and suggestions. Not an easy topic to approach! You ladies are the best - always there with an answer!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Mnjodette,

thanks for being brave enough to ask, I was wondering the same.

Thanks

I've had the same problem and I don't know if it just comes with age or hormones or what, but if I wear a skirt I have to wear a girdle and spray deoderant down there, if I don't I sweat so bad it just runs down my legs and makes my legs raw because they rub together. The best solution I've found is the spray deoderant(I use XXX arraid dry) but any brand will work just spray around your private area not directly on it. But if I go out to a ball game or something I most definitly have to wear it or I look like I've peed in my pants. ugh.......

Thanks

Morning Star,

I have an idea... have you tried those slimming skirt style garments. Slims the hips, tummy and thighs. Spanxs is one line but there are many out there so you don't have all that unbreathable material bunched in one spot. Then wear cotton patties underneath. Jockey makes cotton panties. I like those. With all these man-made materials it is hard to find ones that allows our v's to breath, eh? And while sitting at a desk...do a Britney Spears sitting pose.

Do you use antibacterial soap, deodorant ones...like Dial. With soaps like Tone, Dove I am sure they leave a residue, behind that doesn't allow the skin to breathe either. I use Dial at all my V's, underarms, etc for the wording,, bacterial soap...and use a gentle cleanser by Johnson and Johnson for the rest of the body.

Maybe use a roll-on solid or wet and hand apply it to the area, but leaving out the flower pedals and bud.

I am fortunate I guess I never had sweated before. Now since dosing with Plaquenil I get dew, sometimes trickles on my face and scalp..like a hot flash when outside here in the south. Like my Mum I've never had to use anti perspirant or deodorant. I am allergic to it too. Aluminum.

Hope this is an idea you can use,
    Oluwa