Thread: Im A New Member!!

Thanks

Default Im A New Member!!

Hello to all! My name is Jessica, and im 21 from Missouri. I just joined this forum because I want to meet and chat with more people with lupus. I was dx when I was 11. It was rough, but Im now 21 and I've lived with it for 10 years now. Im still on Prednisone, and Immuran. Im now taking Naproxen for my RA. I have my days, just like anyone else does. My lupus is controlled, but my doctor will not consider me in inremission. My last blood work showed that I still had the lupus antibodies. Untill they are gone, then he will consider me in inremission. When that day comes, I will be extremely happy.

Right now, im currently struggling with my doctor visits. Since im over 21 I was taken off my parents insurance. Medicaid has dropped me because they claimed im not sick enough to get help. Yes, I don't have it that bad right now, but I cannot aford my meds and dr. visits. It just upsets me about it all. If anyone knows of cheap insurance or something I could help from. I cannot afford an expensive insurance, since Iam a college student. Anyone who has Ideas about what I could do is appreciated!

Jessica

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Jessica :lol:
    First, let me welcome you to our family. Yes, everyone here knows what you are going through. I am happy to hear that your Lupus is manageable right now and I know that you want to eventually achieve remission. I hope that day comes soon for you.
    I do not know of any inexpensive health care in Missouri, but I found these websites that might help you look for health care:
    http://www.medhealthinsurance.com/mi...m?source=yahoo
    www.helpmefindinsurance.com
    www.affordable-health-insurance.com

Perhaps someone else will reply to you and have better information than I.
    I am glad that you found us and that you decided to join us. You will find that there is always someone here who is willing to help you, to provide information, answer your questions or just give you comfort, support and understanding.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

why cant you be on your parents insurance?? As long as you are a fulltime student, they should be able to carry you until you are 25. Unless for some reason your parents have decided to drop you for their own personal reasons...but if not i would look into it unless you have found something already...becasue i am almost 25 and my parents have been carrying me this whole time..thank god =)...hope you can find something =)))) if not, check into the school...i used to get brochures from my school all the time while i was in undergrad for cheaper insurance...