Thread: On the road to the rheumatologist

Thanks

Default On the road to the rheumatologist

I hope it's not a faux pas to double post. I posted this in the Introduce yourself forum and I thought I would post here too. I apologize if it's a pain in the bum for anyone...

Hi there folks, I'm new here. Here's the short-ish version. Almost 6 years ago contracted Lyme. On antibiotics for about 2 1/2 years. Met a woman who had lyme and had good results with her doc so I went to see him.

He literally looked at me for 5 min and said You had lyme, but now you've got lupus either from the lyme, the drugs, or just because and told me to see a rheumatologist. I said I didn't think so. He said, look at your face. Which I admit is pink cheeked right over my nose. I still thought he was crazy.

I was coming off my last round of antibiotics and was symptom free (except for minor pains that were fleeting) for 2 years.

That changed last fall, and in my on and off again antibiotic therapy I began to suspect Lupus. I think my Gp was humoring me when he did the tests- and now he's sending me to the rheumatologist ANA 1:160, a lot of consistent symptoms, the fingers and the cold, pain, fatigue, what may be a possible malar rash.

I said this would be shortish- so what I would love to know is what kinds of questions to ask the rheumatologist. What should I know before I've seen him. I've really only just begun research- so any points in the right direction would help.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Wren :lol:
    Oluwa has given you some excellent advice in "New Members"

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!