Thread: from the Philippines

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default from the Philippines

hi! i'm a 33 y/o female from the Philippines. i've just been diagnosed last july 19, after experiencing all the symptoms and signs (headaches, fever, rash, joint pains, muscle pains, vomiting, mouth sores, loss of appetite, hair loss, cramps, etc).

i've been reading posts from this forum, and i am very happy that there are a lot of things which i may learn from you guys.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi norly grace,
    So glad you found us, we are all here for you
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

thank you for welcoming me.

i have a lot of questions actually. will start posting them soon.

salamat! (thank you in Filipino)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi norlygrace :lol:
    Welcome to our family. Whenever you are ready to post your questions, someone will be here to help you as much as we can!

You Are Not Alone!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

thanks Saysusie!

you have a great deal of useful information on lupus! really helpful!

lupus is not very much discussed here in the Philippines, maybe also in some other developing asian countries. which is actually very sad since the public should be aware of the disease.

more saddening is that a lot of Filipinos have been dying because of the disease since they dont have the financial means to "manage" their illness. the public health care system in our country is very lacking thus lupus patients from poor families rely on unsafe alternative medications.

i myself was not aware of lupus until i was diagnosed. all i knew about it is that the famous dictator of the Philippines, Ferdinanc Marcos, died because of its complications. it's just now that i am doing research about it.

it's great that i found you guys. it was actually my good friend, Tanya, who found this site. as a wonderful caregiver, she did some research about lupus herself, and gave me this link.

in order to make myself useful, i will try to post some information about lupus in the Philippines, for those who might be interested.

again, thank you for the very warm welcome! i feel a part of the group already.

salamat! (thank you!)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are most welcome, Norlygrace
    One of the best things that you can do for yourself in order to help you manage your lupus is exactly what you are doing now. learning as much as you can about the disease and how it affects you; learn about your medications (what they are for and what their side-effects may be), learn about treatments for lupus and, most importantly, make the appropriate life-style changes that you need in order to help you avoid flare-ups.
    I am glad that your friend found us and referred you to us. We are here to help you in any way that we can and to especially let you know that you are not alone!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default i'm from PH also!

hi norly grace,

i just got in. im milet, 28 years old. diagnosed with lupus last 2001.

from 2001 to 2004, i've been in and out of the hospital. got operated because of pleurisy in my lungs, after the operation i got pulmonary embolism (blood clot) and a cyst in the ovary.

but i guess im lucky. in 2005 i got better. took the chance to get married to the man who never given up on me and after five months we found out were pregnant.

its a high rish pregnancy but its all worth it. now my baby is 15 months old. and i can say that i am in a remission.

lupus might not be popular in our country but there are good rheuma out there. you just have to find them.

i hope all is well in your end.

milet

Thanks

hi Milet!

kamusta ka?

you won't know how happy i am to read your email. it really gave me hope. salamat!

can i have your mobile #? maybe we can meet up one of these days. i haven't talked face to face with anyone who has lupus. i hope it's ok. my mobile is: 0917-9398980.

thanks again!
    Norly

Thanks

my number is 09202414717. i would want to meet me but unfortunately, with no maids or yayas to take care of my baby most of the time i can go out of our home. but text me when your available and well see.

one thing that you must not lose during your journey with LUPUS : HOPE.

god bless!