Thread: Neurontin

Thanks

Default Neurontin

Anybody out there take neurontin for neuropathy? What are your experiences with this drug? I just started it yesterday and up til now had never heard of it.

Also is anyone dealing with neuropathy? Rheumy tells me the weird symptoms I have ...numb foot, tight tendons, sore skin ...is neuropathy and from the darn lupus

Many thanks for your input.

Thanks

YES I'VE TAKEN LYRICA FOR ABOUT 6 MOS AND JUST SWITCHED TO NEUROTIN BECAUSE OF AN INSURANCE CHANGE, BEFORE I HAD HORRIBLE NEUROPATHY(NUMBNESS FEELS LIKE YOUR FEET ARE FALLING ASLEEP) IN MY FEET AND SOME IN MY HANDS, I SIT MOST OF THE DAY SO I WOULD HAVE TO GET UP AND WALK AROUND BUT AFTER TAKEN THESE MEDS I'M ALOT BETTER, NONE WHATSOEVER.

Thanks

Default Re: Neurontin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMurdena
    Anybody out there take neurontin for neuropathy? What are your experiences with this drug? I just started it yesterday and up til now had never heard of it.

Also is anyone dealing with neuropathy? Rheumy tells me the weird symptoms I have ...numb foot, tight tendons, sore skin ...is neuropathy and from the darn lupus

Many thanks for your input.
    I also have bouts of the numb hands and feet, tight tendons, and very very sore skin, particularly in my legs. I thought it was vasculitis related since I often have bouts of that, but the docs blow off the symptoms when I tell them about it. It makes sense that it would be neuropathy. Does the Neurontin help?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Thanks

Default neuropathy

I too have neuropathy and am taking Gabapentin - generic for the other. My rheumy just moved me from 900mg a day to 1200 per day. So far it doesn't seem to be doing too much, but he told me to hang in there and give it time. He said we could go all the way up to 3000mg per day. He also told me it was from the lupus. I am trying to find other alternative medicines that might help. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Red

Thanks

The neurontin hasn't helped the neuropathy yet but it sure has helped my sleep! Oh happy day

Thanks

Hi Mrs. Murdena,

I've been taking Gabapentin for about a year, it's true it does indeed take time to build up in your system (or atleast it did for me). Once it kicked in, it has helped my nerve and joint pain tremendously. And like you, I sleep like I've never slept before.

I do make sure to drink lots of water as I'm taking about 1,200 mg daily.

Hang in there and give it a chance to work, it's great stuff.

Keep us posted,
    Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown