Thread: HIYA

Thanks

Default HIYA

Hiya everybody,
    I'm Lauriane or Lauri for short, isn't that a coincidence? (reference to the inspiration for this site)

i'm writing to u all the way from cape town, south africa! I've was diagnosed with Lupus and Rhuematoid Arthiritis is 1999. For the most part I'm doing well, thats not mentioning the usual pain, fatigue etc. I luckily haven't had any organ involvment, that I know of :? But, unfortunately I lost my baby last year at 18 weeks along :, due to very very high blood pressure (pre-eclampsia), luckily no kidney involvement. my hubby and I are not yet sure whether we are strong enough to try again, we both really really love kids! I've got a new (very good) rhuemy and she is in contact with my new gynae and hopefully the advise I get from them will giude us.

I've come across this site on monday and have been enjoying reading the chats and hope to be part of the family soon.

Hope to hear from u guys soon

C ya, wishing u all a happy, healthy day!

Luv Lauri

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Lauri :lol:
    In a way, it gives me comfort to be able to use that name :lol:
    I am so happy that you found us and that you decided to join us. Yes, we are indeed a family here and everyone is very kind, supportive, understanding, comforting, and informative. We want you to know that you are not alone and there will always be someone here to help you in any way that we can.
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your child. My daughter also suffered a miscarriage early in her pregnancy. But, there have been many successful pregnancies (even by some members here) and it is possible to have a healthy baby when you have Lupus.
    You are very lucky to have a good rheumatologist who also confers with your gynecologist. With good care, lifestyle changes, medication etc., you should be able to maintain a reasonably healthy lifestyle.
    I wish you the very best and, again, I am so glad that you joined us!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!