My name is Julianne and I am soon to be 50. I was diagnosed just a year ago this month and have been on Plaquenil 400mg for the past 8 months. I have done some reasearch on Lupus and have found that most of the symptoms are nondescript. This is why I am in this forum is to see what everyone else experiences from their Lupus.
I think I have a mild case, only because I don't have organ involvement. I have painless hematuria and have had that for 9 years. My husband is in family practice and my main complaint was that I had pain in my index finger and big toe. I also had pain and swelling in my right knee. I had him run some lab on me (RA and ANA) to see if it was arthritis. My ANA came back 1:640 my RA was neg.
I have been to one physician who specializes in Lupus, he told me I have 7 of 11 criteria.
So, you might think I'm not horribly affected by Lupus but here is my main complaint. My arms and legs will start to ache..almost the feeling when you sit on your foot and it falls asleep....... just when it is waking up is about the same feeling I get in my arms and legs. Does anyone else experience this? I am just now getting over my second case of Shingles...When ever my body is stressed or insulted, the same pain comes back in my arms and legs. Last year I had awful pain in my hands when it got cold. Anyhow...thanks for reading this. I look forward to exchanging information.
For now,
Julianne