Thread: Anyone take Cherry Extract for Inflammation?

Thanks

Default Anyone take Cherry Extract for Inflammation?

Has anyone taken cherry juice or capsules for inflammation? :?:
    My husband had gout once, I gave him cherry juice from the natural food store, it cured his gout.
    I am wondering if a daily dose would help ease inflammation for lupus?
    I would also like to know more about foods that help reduce inflammation, (or should I say, foods that dont contribute to inflammation)is there any info out there? :roll:
    Kimb

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've read a lot about cherry extract being able to reduce inflammation. However, I've not found any clinical trials or subjective studies on its use in Lupus. Let us know how it works for you.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi
    Yes I do take concentrated cherry juice. I get it from a company called immunotec.com based in montreal. I have been taking it for a few months. I think it helps. Its no cure like the gout thing you mentioned. But - I think it helps my energy, moods and sleep and possibly the inflammation. I think its worth a try. I have also been taking vit b12 and b6 so hard to say if the cherry juice alone would do as much. Let me know if you try it.
    Karen

Thanks

Hi

My Dr gave me something called Cherry flex. I got it for free because he is trying it out on us. I find that I have to take it in the morning or it will "wire" me at night.
    Karen

Thanks

I haven't gone to a health food store or anything, Kim, but I do buy dried cherries and use them in lots of things. I understand pineapple is also a natural anti-inflammatory (among other foods.) If you Google on diet and anti-inflammatory you find lots of things. I expect the extract or capsules are a lot more concentrated. I can't say it's made a world of difference, but I might not be eating enough to make a difference.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

in my research, i've read that pineapple as someone else stated reduces inflammation. msm, vitamin e, flax seed and fish oil, selenium, and nuts are all supposed to reduce inflammation. i use all of the above. hope this helps!