Thread: Have my appointment, want to as the correct ????

Thanks

Default Have my appointment, want to as the correct ????

Hi all.
    I have been a bit quiet but have been reading bunches!!

My daughter has her appointmet next week and I have her photos of her sun reaction, and a log of symptoms.

What I need to know is what tests should I ask for if they do not give them?
    2. how long will the tests take to come back
    3. did you get a dx right away or did you wait a long time. Do they dx with just the list of symptoms or do they wait for the blood test.

also my daughter is having MAJOR issues with peeing. she drinks a TON is going all the time. is this a symptom?

Thanks

since you have been reading alot about lupus, one of the first things you should have noticed is how it affects everyone in a different way, one of the best things you can do is set down tonight and write every thing down----EVERYTHING----- no matter how inconspicuous it might seem, hopefully your going to see a lupus oreinted doctor tomorrow and they will know what tests will be needed, some of the basics are
    blood pressure
    urinalysis
    anti dna
    titer
    skin biospy
    yes the doctors will definitly want to know about urine patterns
    I hope you and your daughter have good luck tomorrow
    Terry
    Fair Oaks California

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Most doctors will not give a definitive diagnosis until all tests have been run and results have bee considered. As Teriod mentioned, Lupus never affects any of us the same way. Doctors will consider test results in conjunction with symptoms your daughter might be presenting.
    Unfortunately, for many of us, it took months to a year before we finally were diagnosed. If you go to "Newly Diagnosed" in this forum, you will find a post that outlines all of the tests and criteria necessary in order for a Lupus diagnosis to be made.
    I agree with you and Teriod, keep copious notes on your daughter's symptoms and her reactions to things (such as food items, sun exposure etc.) and take them with you when you see her doctor. Is she seeing a rheumatologist? If not, request that she be seen by one or at least someone who has knowledge of Lupus (and/or autoimmune disorders). I wish you the very best!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

For most, like me, it took years to get a dx. I keep a journal of all my problems, by docs request. It helps sense I can't remember everything when at my app., he says it helped him with dx too. My blood and urine work normally comes back within a week. The journal and all these test, plus the monitoring everything over the years helped with the dx. It was frustrating at first thinking of the years it would take to get an answer. But I realized if I wanted a real true answer, then I would have to just wait. Hope everything goes well with your daughter. God bless you for being their with her right now, your a good mom. God bless your daughter too, may she get some kind of answer.
    Cheryl