Thread: Hello

Thanks

Default Hello

(I'll try this again. I oopsed the first time.)

I thought I'd introduce myself, so that if you see me around, you'll know who I am.

I'm newly diagnosed (December of 06) with SLE and RA. I've had Fibro for 8+ years.

I've been ignoring all of this new stuff, but it is time for me to research and reach out. I look forward to getting to know you, and I thank you all for being here.

Thanks

Hi Sheena..

Is that Dancing Bear from Captain Kangaroo in your avatar? I love it. Mr. Green Jeans and the Captain's page boy haircut. I am roaring.

Warm welcome, Sheena. Lotta resources, lotta compassion, lotta love and lotta friendship from all over found in one spot here, at wehavelupus.com.

Here's to finding better ways to feeling better,
    Oluwa

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sheena;
    Welcome to our family. Like you, I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia. I do not have RA, but OMG, sometimes I ache as if I do.
    I am happy that you joined us and you will find that everyone here is more than willing to answer any question that you may have. You are doing the right thing by wanting to learn as much as you can about all of your conditions. This will make you much more able to have informed conversations with your doctors and to be pro-active in your care!
    We are happy you are here!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default Found My Way Back

Thank you for the warm welcomes. Now that I've found this place again, I will bookmark it. (duh!)

Yes, that is Dancing Bear. I was going to marry him. Hahah! My dear hubby gave me a Captain Kangaroo book with several pictures of Dancing Bear in it for Christmas one year. I also received a personal letter from Dancing Bear!!! It was precious.

I am still avoiding doing research, but I must be doing better because I found my way back here after only what, a couple of weeks?

I'm guessing depression is common...

Thanks

Hi Sheena...

Dancing Bear. I used to watch him when I was young, younger. I am 46. Loved it. How did you rate a letter from the Bear?

Sometimes the Internet is like driving the first time in a major city.

Yes, depression is common in a chronic illness and with chronic pain. The constant nagging, wearing us down. Then we get back at it, and give life another go.

Sometimes e can relieve our own depression, but if it is clinical depression one should see medical attention. If unable to get past it on your own after two weeks, medical attention is advised. Or make an appointment have a doctor do a screening.

Researching our illnesses can be empowering, arming us with knowledge to prepare for appointments and also to know how to take care of ourselves, mentally and physically. It can also be alarming. When I come across something that would affect me that way. I turn the page, put the book down, bookmark the site and come back when I prepared myself mentally to read the material.

I find I like reading books best over online info...want to know what I am reading these days?

Enjoy the day,
    Oluwa

Thanks

I would love to know what you are reading. I've discovered the joys of listening to books on CD - mysteries and such. Great diversion from real life. Heh.

As for the Dancing Bear letter, hubby made up the sweetest pages for me. I still get tears in my eyes when I think about it. DB said he had heard I loved him, and he wanted me to know that he loved me, too, and was happy to know I still thought of him after all these years.

Thanks

Gee, I got lost in the forums. I am doing a backtrack on where I was...

Sorry for the tardy reply Sheena..

Books I am in the midst of reading The Lupus Book, Third Edition, Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, Holy Bible, Living with Lupus The Complete Guide, Second Edition and New Hope for People with Lupus....

How are things with you today? And your research...do tell us..share?

Hope your week thus far has been good to you, mine has...
    Oluwa