Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: concerned about ILoveHistory

Thanks

Okay, now where did you go ILoveHistory?

Missing you,
    Oluwa

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing myself.

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

I'm back!

I saw my Paediatrician/Paediatric Cardiologist on Tuesday and he was really happy with me! He prescribed some Iron tablets for me and examined my chest; he also looked at my Asthma chart and took my peakflow and told me that my Asthma had raged out of control (which I already knew myself), so he changed my preventor from Inflammide Novolizer to Symbicord Turbuhaler, which is working brilliantly!

I've started getting really severe Gastric Reflux, so I have to take Mucaine now. My father has VERY SEVERE G.E.R.D. (Gastroesophagal Reflux Disease) and I was wondering if anyone knows if G.E.R.D. is hereditary? I am SO angry with the nurse at the hospital because I was explaining my reflux symptoms to her (she takes the 'history') and telling her that the burning was SO severe that I couldn't even drink a glass of water. Now, of course, I've lost a lot of weight due to being so ill and not absorbing nutrients from my food due to Gastrointestinal problems. So, the nurse says: "Well, that's a very convenient way not to have to eat anything!" EXCUSE ME?! I've been really sick, but because I'm "thin", she immediately assumes that I'm anorexic/bulimic, which I can assure you, I'm not! Never mind bothering to ask me if I've lost a lot of weight due to illness! I could strangle these stupid people!

I did my work experience today and it went brilliantly!

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

Hey ILove History,
    It is so good to see that you are back. Did you have all of those tests done that you were going to get? Did everything turn out ok?
    My MRI turned out to be ok. We're still waiting for the results of the genetic testing to prove/disprove spinocerebellar ataxia. I still think that I do have some form of Lupus, since I'm dealing with a few of the symptoms, especially since I have such a noticable malar rash.
    I hope that you are feeling much better.
    Marla

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi ILoveHistory :lol:
    The research is still continuing on the genetic implications of GERD. In fact, it is believed that half the chance of developing acid reflux disease (GERD) may be due to our genes, and not just our diet. GERD is one of the most common digestive disorders, with about one in five people suffering from the characteristic heartburn and/or regurgitation of acid into the esophagus or the mouth every week. Researchers studied family members and twins who had the same type and frequency of gastrointestinal symptoms and took into account the potential risk factors for acid reflux. The risk factors included smoking, excess alcohol, being overweight, and certain drugs, including some heart drugs, oral contraceptives, and drugs for anxiety.
    On the basis of the study, and taking into account the risk factors, the researchers found that 43% of family member's chance of developing acid reflux was attributable to genes. Other research seems to back up their findings, with previous studies recording several family members with GERD or even esophageal cancer. An inherited risk exists in many cases of GERD, possibly because of inherited muscular or structural problems in the stomach or esophagus.
    I hope that I've answered your question.
    I am happy to see you back, to hear that your doctors are pleased with your progress and to hear you sounding upbeat again. That truly pleases me :lol:
    Don't give that nurse a second thought! Some people are so narrow-minded, jealous and ignorant that they do not deserve the time that we give them to be angry! Her statement said volumes about her!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default Worried about the girl again

Hey Saysusie,
    It's been a couple of weeks since we've seen ILoveHistory on this forum. Have you heard anything from her?
    Marla

Thanks

My thoughts exactly, Marla....I've been thinking about Ilovehistory, too. Hope she's OK.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Hi Everyone!

I'm back!

Well, I was in Hospital last week for a pretty bad case of Dysentery (yes, again! This is the fifth time! :roll and had to be put on a drip. The drip was attached to this annoying machine, which went "whir, tick" every three seconds! :x The point of the machine was to make sure that the drip was sending exactly 100ml/h into my vein. Does anyone actually know what this machine is called?

Then, my kidneys failed (for the second time) due to the dehydration. Now, I am having serious urinary problems and have to go and see my Urologist and my Gynaecologist (have been having Gynae. problems for a long time; some of them have now gotten worse). I am struggling to get the urine out; when it actually starts to drip out, it suddenly stops and then I have to spend five minutes straining and pushing to start the flow again! Also, I'm having terrible abdominal and flank pain, which is driving me up the wall!

I'm currently taking Be-Metrazole (it's pretty much the same as Flagyl) for the Dysentery, Reuteri (probiotic) and Buscopan Co for the abdominal cramps. I've also been prescribed Altosec for G.E.R.D.

I first ended up at the Gynae. in January because I used to faint from the worst menstrual cramps you could ever imagine and I used to bleed for fourteen days at a time and then my period would always come two weeks late and was very unpredictable. So, I had a Pelvic Ultrasound (which showed massive bunches of follicles left behind in the ovaries) and some blood tests (which showed some pretty bad endocrine problems). So, I was put on Yasmin (contraceptive pill), which has been BRILLIANT for the pain and in correcting my cycle. However, I had very bad vaginal discharge, which the Gynae. attributed to my endocrine problems. She said that it would go away after approximately four months of taking the pill. It is now eight months and the discharge is even worse! I'm starting to get bad pains with my period again, as well. I am due to see the Gyane. now, anyway, but she can only see me on 25th October. The Gynae. suspected that I had Endometriosis, which I know could be causing my bladder problems now, so I think she's going to have to do a Laparoscopy to check. The Gynae. problems are concerning because there is a history of both Uterine Cancer and Ovarian Cancer in my family...

I am just SO sick and tired of being sick and tired! I am missing SO much school and am particularly worried about Mathematics (although I am having extra lessons twice a week to catch up) and Physical Sciences. I want to be a Paediatric Neurosurgeon, so my health seriously needs to improve soon! That's my dream and I really don't want illness to take it away from me! :cry:

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

Welcome back young lady!
    We were worried about you! As I've said before, your gyne problems sound much like what my daughters are going through. Meg had surgery for the endometriosis this summer. Hillary has polycystic ovarian syndrome. They are both seeing a gynecologic endocrinologist. I'm thinking that Kayla needs to see him too, since she has some of the same symptoms as her sisters. My oldest daughter, Heather, seems to be the only one who has escaped these annoying problems. Hang in there and be sure to get it all treated.
    Take care of yourself, get well from that hospitalization, and join us here again!
    It's good to hear from you,
    Marla

Thanks

What a time you're having ILoveHistory!

I hope things settle down now and that you're able to get back on course. Did you try out that Psychiatric Hospital visit? It is the exact opposite of the surgical route - all people and meds focused rather than the opening them up and seeing what's inside! (Hmmm....not sure that EITHER would appeal to me!)

Many hugs -