Thread: looking for a group in seattle

Thanks

Default looking for a group in seattle

I've been looking to join a support group for a while and am having trouble locating one near me. It seems that Seattle is surely a large enough population that there must be more in existence than the few I have found on the internet. Is anyone else in or near Seattle? Any ideas for locating groups in my area?

Thanks

Hi! I'm from outside the Seattle area and facilitate a not-so-succesful support group about an 1 hour north of you.

Have you contacted the Lupus Foundation of America Pacific Northwest Chapter? Just google it and call their 1-800 number. Kathy is the executive director and Humaira works in the office. They can tell you the Seattle support groups. Also, in the newsletter they are all listed. I haven't attended any in Seattle, but I know there are several, including one in Shoreline, as that is where the LFA office is. If my support group flops (I'm still trying to figure out what to do) then I might start coming down to Everett or Shoreline.

Good luck and let me know if you have success or any more questions!
    Missy

Thanks

Hi,

I live east of Seattle, and am interested in a group......I think between the three of us; we could start one...... your thoughts?

It's not healthy to go through this alone and there are so many who have either suffered what we're enduring now and can share their insights and experiences to help us, etc.

I'd be interested.....YOUR THOUGHTS?

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown