Thread: Living with it

Thanks

Default Living with it

I am a 30 year old female and I have been living with SLE for the past 15 years. I was diagnosed about 8 years ago by my family physician. It was a hard diagnosis due to the fact that my ANA is normal. I was always told by doctors, you just have a virus get some rest. Rest never seemed to help.

Lately I have been dealing with the discoid rash on my face. On top of the rash I have been getting sever acne. My rhematologist sent me to a dermatologist however NOTHING they did seemed to help short of going on oral steroids. I have tried to stay off of the steroids as they complicate things even more for me.

I recently found an awsome supplement that has been doing wonders for me. The swelling has gone down and I have way more energy! I'm hopeful for the first time in years that this could continue.

I have three children an 8 year old boy, a 3 year old girl and a 7month old boy. My youngest has a rare genetic disorder that has caused a lot of health concerns. I need to be on top of my health for them. Currently I am a stay home mom as I can not hold a job with my energy levels. I am going to school online to retrain in accounting. Something that does not require me to be phyical in my work. I have worked in retail all my life. I have been married to my husband for 4 years now.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, Beanweed. I know you'll find the information and support you get here helpful. Sounds like you have your hands full! Your kids are all at such a fun age, but dealing with young kids when your energy is compromised and you don't feel 100% is really tough. There are lots of young parents on this forum, so I know you'll find others who can share ideas with you. Stop in to 'chat' whenever you feel the need. We'll always be here for you!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Hi Beanweed,
    your post made me sit up and take notice, u said u have lupus for 15 years? and u have a 7 month old baby?
    How did your pregnancies go?
    I'll be 28 soon and was diagnosed with Lupus and Rhuematoid arthiritis in 1999, been married for 2 years, lost our baby 4 and a half months into the pregnancy, absolutely devastating, I've started seeing a new rhuematologist and she is wonderful, but we haven't yet been given the green light to try again, altho we not really sure if we want to yet, i'm still emotionally recovering from the ordeal, u see I had to deliver the our little angel eventhough he had already passed on. :cry:
    I'd really love to hear more bout your story, if u don't mind?
    Thnx
    Lauri

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Beanweed :lol:
    Welcome to our family. You will find that everyone here is supportive, understanding, caring and informative. You've already seen some of the kindness and support that the members here can give.
    Most of us understand the difficulty in getting a diagnosis. It is not unusual for it to take up to a year before we are finally diagnosed.
    What medications are you taking right now? Has your doctor spoken to you about Plaquenil? For me, Plaquenil was the drug that healed my lesions and other types of break-outs on my face.
    I am glad that you joined us. Remember, you are not alone and there will always be someone here to answer your questions and give you support.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!