Thread: "Locking Fingers"?

Thanks

Default "Locking Fingers"?

About 3 months ago, before my son was diagnosed, he had a trigger finger on his pinky.
    Now he sometimes feels that some of his fingers are trying to "lock up". It's uncomfortable but not painful. It can happen when he is writing or sometimes for no apparent reason. He has lupus nephritis and is currently on Prednisone and Cytoxan. He is seeing the doctor on Monday so I will mention it to him then, but I was curious if anyone else has this. :?

Prayers for all,
    Beth

Thanks

I have that, too. It happens in my feet as well, and it's usually in the evenings.

Thanks

That used to happen to me alot, especially in my feet but it has gotten better. But if I write too much it still hurts my fingers. I believe it is part of the Arthritis that we suffer with Lupus.

Thanks

I don't know if this is exactly what you mean, but my thumbs and forefingers swell and i constantly feel the need to "crack 'em." To say "crack 'em" is the only way I can think to describe it. It's like they get stiff at the knuckle and I can feel it so I kinda flex my fingers back and forth and they "crack."

Thanks

In my books, it read locking fingers is can be caused by the joint inflammation. Which book? I forgot, but as I was reading, thumbing through the pages of one of the three I just got on Lupus..one of them mentioned it.

I, me with Lupus thinking... I was still capable of making a mental note, forgot. Go figure. When I come across it again I will bookmark it for my next pop-in and elaborate on it further.

Find wellness,
    Oluwa

Thanks

The best way for me to explain it, is my hands will just freeze in the position I had them in. They just get stiff and won't bend. It's funny. Cause I can actually bend the fingers into positions I can't normally make them do without the others moving with them.

It almost feels like there's styrofoam in my hands...and if they could make a noise as I pry them apart, they'd creak lol. Not much pain though. SO it's weird. My thumbs now that's a different story. THEY HURT. They will actually get stuck in positions and then crack and snap..OUCH. The pain will actually go into the wrist. I used to think years ago that maybe I had rheumatoid arthritis like my grandmother had, she also had crest syndrome. But my hands aren't disfigured like hers were. She was hit bad. When she passed away the doctors told my mom that her internal organs had calcified Sad. But she lived a long life into her early 70's.

I used to get a popping in my chest too. Wow did that ever hurt alot. But after awhile it went away. My chest used to turn red with it. It was so weird.

Anyways, I get the stiffness in my fingers too. And once I ween off my meds it always comes back, always.

Lisa