Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: discoid lupus in Costa Rica

Thanks

Default Sale

Hi Faith,

Thanks! I went and checked out the sale. The hoodies look good, they protect your neck better than shirts. Found their gloves too. They are already running out of sizes in some of the shirts.

I've been using the Solartech meter to check the UV factor of clothes too.

I looked at some thin gardening gloves with UV factor 50 called foxgloveinc. They're the same price as the full finger Coolibar gloves, but they don't have a seam between the fingers.

When I read the symptoms for DLE, it never says anything about tiredness or mental / emotional effects. It only mentions the rashes. Maybe it's because the mental / emotional effects are too hard to measure so they don't bother to mention them? Or maybe it's because DLE doesn't have them? But they always come on right after sun exposure, and my ANA is ok.

Thanks

Hi Ave_Paramo,

I am glad you found Coolibar. They have their annual Summer Clearance beginning in the last week of August. I signed up for emailing sales and they emailed the 1st day of the sale. It allows me to run errands, etc., without paying the price with diskoid lesions.

After I started taking Plaquenil, it seemed to help with the fatigue. I would nap for 15-30 mins per day. I would and still do hit a wall around 2:00 pm where I am exhausted. I get the lupus fog and it even effects my speech at times. I can't seem to say what I mean, or the words are not pronounced correctly. I was recently diagnosed with Fibermyalgia and it has increased the fatigue. I try to fight the fatigue off; but I am not helping myself. I am learning to just take a nap so I can be alert with my family later in the evening. I completely understand, it is a definate challenge. I do not know many who have DLE and SLE; it has been nice chatting with you. Please don't hesitate to chat more.

Take care,

Faith 8)