Thread: How many MG's of Plaquenil is everyone taking?

Thanks

Default How many MG's of Plaquenil is everyone taking?

I was just wondering what everyone's dose is for Plaquenil. Right now Im taking 2 tablets/daily (200 MG each). What is the normal dose? :?:
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

That's my dose as well. From people that I have talked to that sounds like the norm but hopefully others will chime in and share their dose.

Thanks

Thanks for replying back so quickly. I was just wondering how much everyone else was taking. Ive been on it since February, I wonder if its kicking in and working, bcuz I know it takes a few months to work. I was hoping it would help my butterfly rash, because its known to help with the rash. :?
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

That's my dose, too. Honestly, I don't think it does anything for me at this point, but I'm hoping it will minimize any flare I might get. My Rheumy really wants me to keep taking it. He's humored me many times, so I figure I can humor him, too.
    Missy

Thanks

On my CMI (consumer medical info) it says that the dose for RA is 2-3 per day (may be reduced to 1-2/day) and for SLE and DLE it is 2-4 tablets/day(may be reduced to 1-2/day).

I'm also taking 2x200mg per day.

Thanks

Yup, that's my dose too. My rheumy said (when I questioned her about whether or not I still needed it) that I might not think it's doing much, but if I quit taking it I would probably realize that it was making quite a lot of difference in my fatigue levels. I'll take her word for it! She said it's likely I'll be on it for life - lots of SLE patients are. I've had no side affects from it, so I'm OK with that I guess.
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies guys! sorry havent replied back, just came back from vacation. 8)

I know Plaquenil has been probably helping me out with my symptoms a lot. Cant imagine taking it out of my meds routine. Just wish it can work wonders for my butterfly rash. Its hard to stay out of the sun especially on vacation. It flared up and got red a lot during my vacation. Felt so self-conscious, with friends asking why its red all the time. :cry:

Sorry for venting. Thanks for listening...

Thanks

I've been on plaquenil for over three yrs now and it really helped me alot, but recently I've had some flares over this summer. So I don't know where things are going to go with the plaquenil now. I'm on cellcept now and feeling really tired. Not sure if it's a side effect or not.

Hope this helps you some. Oh and I take 200 mg twice a day.

Thanks

yeah thats my dose too. been on it for 4 yrs now but i dont really see any dramatic change, im still in pain and my hair still falls out. prednisone works for the pain, but not always.

Thanks

I take 200mg twice daily. Been on it since 1995 and it's made a tremendous difference in how I feel. Now if I miss a couple of doses, I can sure tell it. However, these past few months I seem to be getting progressively "achy-er" if that makes any sense so I don't know if it's losing it's effect or what, or if we're gonna have to add something to the mix.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!