Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Members Please Submit Favicons

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Members Please Submit Favicons

Hi all,
    Each forum should have it's own favicon. Before I create one for each I thought I'd let members submit their own ideas. A favicon is the little image that shows up in the address bar of your browser.

Anyone can do it, here are resources you can use.

http://www.favicon.cc/ - Create a favicon from scratch

http://www.favicongenerator.com - Create a favicon from an existing image.

http://mppierce66.home.comcast.net/web/fi/ - Sample favicon library to see ideas

Please post favicon image ideas and graphics on this thread here and I'll start selecting them around August 26, 2007.

Thanks!

Thanks

Dear Admin.....
    Is that a little avatar type thing for each forum? Is it on the forums list page or on the address bar? (I THINK you mean in the address bar at the top - Sort of a "logo" in the address bar showing where you are? )

If that's the case, should the address bar just have one for everything? Maybe the pink butterfly?

I'm not a techie, as anyone in my office will attest to....am I even in the same universe as what you're talking about?

Thanks

Oh Hatlady, you made me laugh so hard I almost pee'd my pants! I think you speak for a VAST majority of us, so don't feel alone.

Our gracious and creative leaders will clue us in.....(smile).

I hope you're doing well, and know that you are not alone in feeling like this is all some sort of new language. It's new to alot of us.

Take care & much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

HERE YOU GO, HATLADY>: Hope this helps

What is a favicon?
    Favicon (pronounced fav-eye-con) is short for 'Favorites Icon.' A Favicon is a multi-resolution image included on nearly all professional developed sites. Within Internet Explorer the Favicon is displayed on the Address line and in the Favorites menu. The Favicon allows the webmaster to further promote their site, and to create a more customized appearance within a visitor's browser. Often, the Favicon reflects the look and feel of the web site or the organization's logo.
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

HOW DO I POST MY IDEAS?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Conrad;
    Well, I created my favicon - published it (at least I thought I did) and for the life of me, I cannot get it over here for you! I am also "techie-challenged" :cry:

Need your help

Saysusie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I had a couple pots of coffee and made Favs for all my forums.

You can see it on the left of your address bar. It's a butterfly and "WHL" letters.

Hope you guys like it, if anyone has a better one to submit then we'll put that new one up.

I did them in alphabetical order, so was a little better at them by the time I got to "W" - the first couple dozen were super duper ugly.

Thanks

I don't have a Butterfly WHL on my address bar...just the usual small explorer e.

I would like to see a Ladybug for Lauri...

Oluwa

Thanks

Browneyedgirl, I'm SO glad I brought a laugh to your day!

And I'm also glad I'm not the only techno-challenged....

I use Mozilla, so I don't necessarily see the same FAVICON's I guess. In my address bar there's a little ribbon on a sheet of paper - same for all my favorites. I'll have to sign on in Explorer some day and see!

I like the idea of a butterfly for Laurie's Lounge as well - special fav just for that one

Hugs all -

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well now I'm just plain confused - I can see it in Mozilla and also in IE.