Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to site~~chronic brain fog, fatigue & pain.

Thanks

Default New to site~~chronic brain fog, fatigue & pain.

Hi Everyone. I've had Lupus for about 5 years, and other than an occasional brief flare up, I'm dealing with the chronic leftovers.... I want to badly to feel normal at least for awhile. But I'm always dealing with fatigue, brain fog and pain, and that's with my Lupus under control. It's frustrating. I don't make commitments anymore because I don't know if I'll be able to keep them. I'm boring and I'm bored. I'm blessed to have a supportive family.

Thanks

Me too.

Ditto,
    Oluwa

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well, you will never be boring to us as we all have had to deal with the brain fog, constant pain and chronic fatigue. It is pretty much a part of our daily lives. It never fails that, when you get one symptom under control, another one crops up. Something, somewhere is always hurting and you don't seem to be able to form a comprehensive thought, no matter how hard you try. And, the memory???? That has become a joke! What memory?? I just look at my family nowadays and say "OGI4GOT"...my memory motto
    We are happy that you've joined us and you will find that we all understand what you are dealing with. Welcome to our family!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi BetsyJane!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

Default sooo....what helps?

Thanks for the great welcome! Is there anything in particular that you've found that helps with the fatigue? the brain fog?

Thanks

Hi BetsyJane!

It's only a pleasure!

Well, I find that high potency Vitamin B Complexes work quite well in helping with the fatigue. Also, tonics tend to work quite well. You'll most likely find these in your local pharmacy. Getting adequate rest is also VERY important! The fatigue drives me crazy! I am almost seventeen and sometimes, I am SO tired that I cannot even get up for school! :cry: Eating a healthy and balanced diet is also very important. One should also make sure that medications aren't making the problem worse. Sometimes, you can change the time you take the medicine, which helps, but you must consult with your doctor about this.

As for brain fog, Gingko Biloba is supposed to be really good for memory, but I can't take it because I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. Brain fog is pretty hard to deal with, but again, adequate rest and a well-balanced diet are very important!

I sincerely hope that this helps!

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

Default Thanks

You're a wise 17 year old. Sorry you have to deal with lupus at your age. I also find that B Complex helps, but only sometimes. I'm having trouble getting rest. Hard to sleep when things hurt. Oddly, though, I used to have really bad restless leg syndrome, and it went away completely when I quit drinking Diet Coke. Everything's a trade off, isn't it? I needed the caffeine, but it's nice to have calm legs.

Thanks

Hi BetsyJane!

Thanks very much! ops:

Caffeine is never good for one, but that connection is very interesting. I'm very glad to hear that the R.L.S. has gone away; I have read about how annoying that is for many people.

I cannot drink caffeine because I have Dysautonomia (failure of the autonomic nervous system) with a Tachycardia (heartbeat which is too rapid) and caffeine drives my heart crazy! :crazyeyes: I get such a severe Tachycardia that I usually pass out! :shock: Needless to say, my Paediatric Cardiologist has banned me from EVER drinking caffeine! :lol:

Do you have Fibromyalgia?

My Psychiatrist (I have Asperger's Syndrome and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) prescribed Clobazam (generic name) for me because I was suffering from pretty bad insomnia and it really helps me to sleep! :sleeping: Luckily, it really helps my Epilepsy too (it's also an anti-epileptic drug)! Perhaps you can ask your doctor if he can prescribe you a mild tranquilizer or sleeping pill to help you sleep at night?

I hope that this helps!

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

Default You dear girl!

That's a load of diagnoses for one so young! Well, I'll say this...You certainly show no signs of Aspergers in your very social and empathic writing.

I appreciate the idea about a sleeping pill. I go back and forth on that. Sometimes I get so sick of taking pills I just don't want to take anything that isn't a life and death matter. And sometimes I take a pill. I also have to grind pills up, and I get sick of doing that too. So bitter. The best thing I've found is to chew up my chewable multivitamin aqfter I take my powdered pills... Takes most of the taste away.

Thanks

Hi BetsyJane!

Thanks very much! 'Writing' is supposed to be one of the things that my Asperger's makes me 'good' at; I have a terrible obsession with language and grammar! :lol: If you met me, though, believe me, you'd see the Asperger's! I only understand the facial expressions 'happy', 'sad' and 'angry'. I have VERY severe sensory issues, which is awkward, for other people as well as for me... I do O.T. though, as well as Physio.

I totally understand feeling like one is taking WAY too many pills! :roll: Do you mind me asking which meds you are on?

Do you have Fibromyalgia?

Keep well and God bless!