Thread: Hi, I'm new.

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Hi, I'm new.

Hi,I am a 36yr old mom of two,a 14 yr old daughter and a 12yr old son.I am a photographer and I also work at "jane of all trade's" type job's.I live in B.C,Canada.I was diagnosed with Lupus in 2004, after my 5th pregnancy loss.I do not really have any friend's or family left, as I get homebound due to symptoms and I guess everyone finds it hard to deal with? I do have a wonderful hubby and my kids! I looking for a friend or friend's who understand and, well just want to be friend's! Thanks!

Thanks

Hi,

I am 38 year old mom of one 19 month old girl and I live in Ponoka, Alberta (1 hour south of Edmonton). I'd be happy to chat with you anytime. We all feel homebound at least some of the time and many for most of the time. I had to retire from my profession about 3 years ago due to overwhelming symptoms. Our daughter is now the light of my life. Whereabouts in B.C. are you? We have friends in Langley. I used to live in Delta and Surrey when I was a kid.

Cheers

Maggie17

Thanks

Default Hi Maggie

Hi, it was nice to hear from someone.I am located in Salmon Arm,BC.Okanagan/shuswap area.I am new hear and new to computers, so it will be interesting! I have been to Edmonton a few times,my husband has family around there, and my brother is there also.Its nice you have a little one,they make it all worth it! How is your weather there? It is too hot here,not great for Lupus! Does the heat or sun effect you? I get sick if I get too warm and a rash if out in the sun.I would not mind at all chatting now and then,it would be great! Thanks.Mel.

Thanks

Hi Mel,

The weather here just now is cool and overcast/rainy. July was monstrously hot and sunny. Yes the heat makes me really sick as does sun exposure. Too much sun usually precipitates a bad flare. Isnt' your area really really hot in the summer? (My sister and her hubby camp somewhere around there - I call her a sun lizard).

I had to retire from my profession about 3 years ago due to overwhelming symptoms. It's good that you have a somewhat flexible career. I miss my job and the interaction with clients and coworkers. I even miss the stress of trying to get too much done in too little time with limited resources :lol: My daughter is the highlight of my life now. She was truly a blessing to myself and my husband.

Cheers!

Maggie17

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Melrose :lol:
    I'm sorry that I am late in welcoming you to our family (I was out of town for several days). I see that you've already made a friend and you will find that everyone here is friendly, supportive, caring, informative, and supportive. Here, you will never feel alone and you will always find someone who understands what you are going through.
    Most of us know how lonely this disease can be and, like you, we have lost some friends as well. You are very lucky to have a supportive husband and I know that your children bring you joy!
    I am happy that you joined us and want you to know that you are not alone and that we are here to help you in any way that we can and for as long as we can!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Melrose!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm really glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

Default Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thankyou for welcoming me! The nearest support group is 2hrs away from me and only every 4 to six weeks,so this is nice.Does anyone have trouble losing weight? I really do eat well and I use the treadmill,but my weight will not budge? Could this be a Lupus symptom or just a slow metabolism? I need to lose about 30 to 40 lbs.I am 5'8 so I am not trying to be too skinny! I lost 50lbs 5yrs ago after my thyroid was corrected and I have kept that off but cannot get the rest to go? Thanks!

Thanks

Default HI Mel

Welcome, to make you maybe feel good. I am also very new on all this. But the forum helps me to know, that i can talk to soembody everyday. SO keep beeing in touch, and feel free to ask anything you whant. I gues everybody here is going through the same sh..

Take care.