Thread: Hello from the intrepid traveler

Thanks

Default Hello from the intrepid traveler

Hello All,
    I finally returned from my travels last Tuesday night. Las Vegas was fabulous (and very disabled-friendly!). Caesar's Palace is the BEST place to stay, especially for a Latin teacher! I shopped 'til I dropped and ate fabulous meals at fabulous places, but I only gambled $5 (didn't see the point in wasting time in front of a silly, noisy machine). Ladies in the group- I saw a great all-male review called The Thunder From Down Under, and I highly recommend it. We are also both Trekkies, and we LOVED the Star Trek Experience. Eating in Quark's Bar is an experience itself! I took a long, long time to walk between places, and just stopped to rest when I needed to. My right knee screamed most of the time, and I was tired very easily, but it was worth it. I brought back lots of great little statues from Caesar's palace to decorate my classroom.
    On Sunday evening, Jeff's flight left at 5:20 p.m., but my later flight was delayed and over-booked. Since I was sitting in the handicapped area, I was given first chance at staying an extra night in Vegas, getting a free round-trip ticket (NYC here I come - to visit my daughter) and a first-class upgrade. Since my new flight plans routed me through Phoenix, I delayed there for a night and spent a lovely, relaxing night with my step-mom. She has recently been told that she has an aneurism in an aorta, so I'm very glad that I took the opportunity to see her, just in case it might be my last opportunity.
    We're very busy at school this week, registering our little darlings for the new year. I've missed chatting with all of my Lupie friends, but please understand if you hear little from me for a few weeks. The beginning of the school year gets a bit intense.
    Glad to be back (well, sort of)
    Marla

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Marla;
    Welcome home and I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time in Vegas. I, too, am a die-hard Trekki, so the Star Trek Experience is one of my favorite places to go. However, I have not yet eaten at Quark's bar. I will have to do that the next time that I am there!
    I totally understand how busy you are at this time of year. Please do not overtax yourself and we are happy to hear from you whenever you visit.

Again..welcome home and I am happy that you had many wonderful trips this summer!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie