Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone get dry patches on your face?

Thanks

Default Does anyone get dry patches on your face?

:?: Ever since the summer, Ive gotten dry patches of skin on my face, especially on my butterfly rash. Is that normal? I use a face lotion with SPF 15, with protection against uva-uvb, I use it daily. Just wondering why it dries up like that Hmmm.... :?:
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Some Lupus sufferers have developed scleroderma (another auto-immune disorder) which causes their skin to become very dry and sometimes thick. I have heard some say that their scleroderma occurred where their lesions were and caused very dry skin in those areas. Collagen creams have been said to be helpful.
    Perhaps someone else will have better information for you. I hope that you are able to find some relief.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

My butterfly rash runs across my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. But, I have a noticeable red circular rash patch on my left cheek, which gets dry. Also, the skin sometimes peels in that area like a sunburn. What kind of cream or lotion should I use? Does anyone have this same problem? I need your help. Im becoming very self-conscious. My makeup seems to help coverup the butterfly rash, but, that circle rash on my cheek is hard to coverup at times especially when it becomes dry and starts to peel.
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

I get dry patches on my face at times, flakey and slightly raised. I use a facial night cream, not lotion. I put it on every morning and night. Works good, as long as I don't forget to put it on even once. It comes back fast if I skip. I use Oil of Olay makeup, so it protects and moisterizes and helps my skin while I'm wearing makeup. If you're wearing it, might as well wear something that helps instead of damaging the skin. Hoped this helped.
    Cheryl

Thanks

I had problems for a while...was sent to a dermatologist and found it was rosacea!

If you have access, talk to a dermatologist - it could be the lupus, it could be scleroderma, it could be rosacea, and who knows, it could be something else.

My skin is OK for now - took about a year of 3 creams a day to get it back under control.....

Thanks

I also use night cream each night after I wash my face. The dry patch on my cheek gets smoother and softer using the night cream, better than the lotion I use during the day. I would use the cream during the day but it does not have spf. 8)

Thanks

Maybe put cream on in morning and lotion with spf on top? That way you could use it more often, maybe? My makeup has spf in it, so I guess that would be doing the same thing.
    Cheryl

Thanks

I experimented and put the nightcream on first then the day lotion with the spf on over it. The dry patch wasnt as dry today as before. My makeup also has some spf in it. Ill keep using this combination and see if its better for me. Thanks for the help!

Thanks

I used to get this on my temples when I was taking lots of meds. I haven't had it in over two years now. It was round and scaly. I'm using some really expensive Clinique night cream "repairwear." It seemed too expensive, but it has really made a difference and I barely have to use any at all. It has lasted me a really long time.

Good luck!
    Missy

Thanks

Yes, its round and scaly and when its hot or if Im in the sun too much, it gets red. When it gets dry and scaly, it makes me more difficult for me to cover it up with makeup. So I try to moisturize it before, but, just cant find the right cream to use. When it gets scaly and dry with the makeup, it looks awful. ops: Not much into wearing too much makeup, but, it this case, I need to use some coverup. So, does this Clinque cream really help u? Its worth the try, plus, I wont need to use much, cuz its only in one spot on my cheek. Hmmm.... :?