There is no single test or symptom that can pinpoint Lupus. There is an established list of symptoms that distinguish Lupus from other diseases. You must have at least four of the following 11 criteria:
1) red rash over the cheeks
2) red patches of skin associated with scaling and plugging of hair follicles
3) rash after exposure to sunlight or other UV rays
4) SMALL, RAW AREAS IN THE MOUTH AND THROAT
5) swelling and pain in two or more joints
6) chest and abdominal pain
7) kidney problems
8) seizures or severe mental illness
9) decreases in the number of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets
10) the presence of LE cells, anti-DNA and anti-SM antibodies or a false positive tests for syphilis
11) the presence of antinuclear antibody, even though you are not taking any drugs known to trigger a positive result.
The small raw areas in the mouth and throat have sometimes been the precursors to oral ulcers. Ask your doctor to run tests to see if you might have an autoimmune disease. The sooner you are tested, the sooner you can begin treatments to resolve the issue.
I hope that I have been helpful! Let me know if you need more information :lol: