Thread: Update to my first post

Thanks

Default Update to my first post

First of all I want to thank all who responded to my first post. I had an appt with internal medicine and the first appt did not go real well but he did do alot of blood work. When I went back the second time for the results he totally changed his tune. I tested with positive ana titer, pos lupus anticoagulant, positive lyme disease, pos EBV, elevated sed rate and 11 trigger points. He apologized explaining that a good portion of those coming in with pain are after drugs. He said I am obviously very sick and he feels it is beyond his scope so he referred me to a rheumatologist which I see tomorrow. He believes I have dual dx of fibro and lupus. We shall see. I am a bit worried about this new doc even though she is a rheumy I have been so soured on doctors. I am hoping for the best and for some effective treatment. I however do not understand how one person can have so dang many dx's. Some nurse I am huh? Thanks for listening
    Of all the things I have ever lost I miss my mind the most

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

HI :lol:
    It seems that LUPUS never likes to travel alone. Always wants to creep upon you with some of its buddies, like: Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's, Sjgorens, Nephritis, etc. etc. etc.
    Almost everyone diagnosed with Lupus also has another tag along illness. I, too, have Lupus, Fibromyalgia, IBS, TMJ, Migraines and Raynaud's. So, you are not alone!!!
    Be firm with your doctor, ask questions, insist on answers and treatment!!

Best of Luck
    Saysusie

Thanks

Good luck with the new Rheumy - my experiences have been positive - even moving to a new town. Plus, remember, they are used to seeing people all day long with your same symptoms, so you won't get the weird looks or questions like you did with your GP. It's such peace of mind to al least know what's going on.

Best of luck,

Missy