Hi ..

My name is Ruth, I'm 52 and from MI.

Within the past three weeks I have had HORRID tingling/numbness in my arms and legs (now also in my face). I went to my doctor who said it was anxiety. A week later she prescribed Xanax (which I don't take). I FINALLY got her to refer me to a neurologist and he noticed that while I don't have "diffuse" neuropathy I DO have damage in my lower left leg. I get an MRI tonight and am having blood work done to test my ANA.

Four (and two) years ago I had "fever of unknown origin" with sore hands, sweating, and a huge weight loss. Both times it started with a bad cold/sore throat. Four years ago it lasted three months and two years ago it lasted sixw weeks. Two years ago I lost a good deal of hair three months later.

I have been sick again for a month ... weight loss, anxiety, tingling and low grade fever. I am so exhausted I can barely get out of bed and haven't slept more than three/four hours a night for a month.

Can any of you relate to this?

Thank you SO much for your input. I am a single mom, a teacher who is SUPPOSED to start back to school in two weeks, and TERRIFIED!!!! There is no WAY I can feel like this and teach 27 kids!