Thread: Pleurisy...

Thanks

Default Pleurisy...

Hello All,

Has anyone here ever been diagnosed with Pleurisy? I've been having some sharp chest pains and trouble breating. I'm going to the doctor this week but I've been researching pleurisy and I'm almost positive it's what I have. If anyone that's had it could give me any information on it that would be great! Thanks!

Thanks

Yup - pleurisy, pneumonia, bronchitis. (Not to mention many bouts of pericarditis.) It's a not-uncommon problem in lupus. Definitely need to check it out with your doctor. There are other things besides pleurisy that could cause that kind of pain and you need to know what it is. Hope you're feeling better.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Hi Lawren!

Yip! I'm the same as Mnjodette - Bronchitis (six times so far this year), Pneumonia and Pleurisy. I also had Whooping Cough earlier this year, despite having been vaccinated against it! I have pretty bad Asthma too and Chronic Costochondritis. Do you have Asthma?

Those symptoms do sound a lot like Pleurisy; as Mnjodette has said, it's important for you to go and see your doctor A.S.A.P.

A good idea, which Marycain gave me, is to hold a pillow against your chest whenever you cough because it helps with the pain. Anti-inflammatories are usually prescribed for Pleurisy.

Feel better soon and God bless!

Thanks

Thanks so much guys for the information!! My appt. is not until Thursday but I am going to try to get it moved to the beginning of the week! I don't have asthma but I did have Bronchitis not too long ago. I'm not coughing much, just having the chest pains and trouble breathing. I've been taking Aleve just to get rid of some of the pain and it has helped tremendously! I will let you guys know how my appt. goes! Thanks again!

Thanks

Hello!
    Just last month I started getting horrible pains in my chest that I couldn't even take deep breaths or yawn. In the middle of the night I would wake up very short of breath and have to take really quick shallow breaths while I hunched over and hugged a pillow in order to catch up. My Dr. put me on higher prednisone [for that...and other things] and it's seemed to help a bit. It still uncomfortable to take deep breaths, but at least I can do it now.

Hope you feel better

Thanks

Hi Lawren!

It's only a pleasure! Let us know how it goes!

Keep well, God bless and feel better soon!

Thanks

Default Chest pain, trouble breathing

For me this was all part of lupus. More prednisone stopped it.
    Also helps is just moving around, getting some walking or mild exercise in. Makes your whole body stronger. Vitamin C, A & D, Vitamin E, and Evening Primrose Oil helps my lupus. Boosts immune system, along with a healthy diet. No sugar, coffee or junk food. It all helps.