Thread: New member and I think I will like this place!!!

Thanks

Default New member and I think I will like this place!!!

I did just find this place and from what little bit I have read, I believe that it will be good for me and I hope and pray I can be of help to someone else out there. I was diagnosed with Lupus in May of 95' and Fibromyalgia and a few other syndroms since then. I have been very blessed with NO organ involvement whatsoever. Praise God! I did have a very rough 2 years beginning after the diagnosis with hemolytic anemia, joints, upper GI problems and a ruptured ulcer. I deal daily with joint pain, stiffness and swelling, and of course the fatigue. My husband was a wonderful caregiver and supporter. He was killed in Nov of 96'. I now have a 23 year old daughter and a 16 year old. 2 lovely grandsons. My 16 year old lives at home with me. So the diseases have laid fairly quiet since 97,(other than the joints and fatigue) guess I deserved a break, Ha, but since Nov.03' been dealing with low platelet count. As most of you know, dealing with prednisone is like dealing directly with the devil! I believe prednisone is called the GOOD, BAD GUY! They sure named it right. And I am sure most of you know by now that you are your own health advocate, most doctors expect you to tell them what to do for you, they either don't know or don't have time to search out the issue. I have always kept the positive attitude about this lousy illness but I find now that the prednisone must be playing with my mood and my mind and sometimes am very disturbed and upset. Also dealing with fighting for disability, almost a joke! Anyway, so glad that I can come here and find support and hopefully give some support as well. It helps to know someone else knows what you are going through. May God strengthen you for today.
    MelTing
    Mel Ting

"If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent their growth."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi MelTing:
    Welcome to our site. I hope that we can continue to be a place where you can find comfort and support. Yes, most of us have done the dance with Prednisone - including the mood swings, the moon face, etc. etc.
    Many of us who suffer with this disease, the medications and their side-effects, find that we must also include some form of therapy in our regualr treatment.
    I wish you the best of luck...again, welcome to our forum and I know that you are not alone!!
    Saysusie