Thread: Bridge Collapse in Minnesota

Thanks

Default Bridge Collapse in Minnesota

Please keep the victims of the bridge collapse (and their families) in your thoughts and prayers. We who live here in Minnesota are just in shock. The agency I work for is based out of the Twin Cities and so many of my colleagues and friends were affected by this tragedy...no one lost, though, thank God. I've driven over that bridge a hundred times and can scarcely believe what happened...it just SHOULD not have happened.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Hi Jody,

I believe the entire world has those victims in their hearts and on their minds. What a devastating tragedy. My father is from a tiny town in Minnesota (Spring Grove), and like you; we used to travel that bridge every summer when we were kids.

Please know that I will keep them in my prayers. Doesn't this just shake you to your core, how fragile our lives are - that we live minute by minute.

Take good care of yourself and keep us posted.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

I echo Browneyedgirl's sentiments. I heard it on the news this morning and I just couldn't believe, but I will definetly keep them in my prayers.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

So do I, this has really saddened me and I certainly am keeping the friends and families in my prayers!

Saysusie

Thanks

An update: one of the women who works for my agency was on the bridge when it collapsed - she was pulled from her car and has fractures of her spine. She'll recover, but it'll take a long, long time. Just a young woman. So sad. I cross a large, very long span of bridge across a bay of Lake Superior, almost every day. Now....it really makes me think. I'll bet everyone out there who crosses a bridge, or an overpass, is thinking the same thoughts. You're right, Browneyedgirl, life is fragile and so precious. Carpe diem!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."